c h a p t e r t w o : N y c t o p h i l i a

Nyctophilia (n.)

Love for darkness or night. Finding relaxation or comfort in darkness

Ro's POV

"Wake up, beautiful."

That voice.

"Get the fuck out!" I jolted up the sheets and tried to grab my phone from which I assumed may be around the bed I fell into a deep slumber in but as I try to make a run for it, I felt myself getting pulled back to the position I woke up from. My hands were tied up to this thick rope that may have taken hours to prepare, my legs, on the other hand, were chained and no matter how much I tried to pull with all my strength, it was just impossible. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." The man, who I assumed carried me, says; his voice was so soft yet it felt so powerful.

I kind of like it.

"Just tell me what you want, I'll give it to you but please leave me alone." I can feel my heart beating and I knew I wasn't going to out of her if I didn't do what he wanted, "Anything?", "Anything." I had this big spotlight in the echoed room and everything else around me was darkness, pure black. "Even if it involves stealing?" took me a while to respond but I nod anyways, "Even if it was to kidnap?" the man sounded interested at what he was hearing, "To replace me, okay." Tears were streaming down my face and my vision got a little blurry from the eyeliner I placed last night.

Why did I even go?

"EVEN IF IT WAS KILLING?", "Yes-" my eyes widened and I knew I wasn't dealing with someone normal, "Wait, what?" I was too shocked to even panic anymore; my eyes felt weaker, my expression became hopeless, my body lost its potential to even escape or pull on the ropes and chains. "Yes, Baby girl, killing." I could feel his presence moving closer as he got more and more interested in my answers. It was suddenly so quiet.

There's nothing to lose.
You will finally live.

"Shut up!" I placed both hands on my ears and shut my eyes, hard. I felt his presence again, this time I was so sure he's near the light and his smell was strong; it wasn't good but I was attracted. I kept my eyes closed but I couldn't hear the man talking anymore, in fact, it was so quiet that I thought he left but I still feel him, probably studying me. I still had my rose red dress from last night on; it was silk and an off-shoulder dress that reached down my knee, I still have my makeup and my hair was still in place. I wasn't harassed nor was I raped. I sat quite clueless for a while and looked around before I felt tears dropping again. "Oh my...." The man's voice is back and this time I saw his shadow, right in front of the bed, "You hear the voices too." My eyes soften and wiped the tears away, feeling embarrassed, "Yes." I said that word so clearly, I wasn't scared. "Just listen to me..." I can feel his smile; "I'll make it all go away..." I just kept staring back at the dark as if I was watching him, "Let me be the voice in your head." His voice was firm this time.

"No." I spat, "I will never kill anyone." I say with anger, "You won't regret it, in fact, it will feel so good you might enjoy killing this one." A white, crumpled folder was thrown to the bed; as I reached for the item, my hands were shaking and I would pull back every once in a while, very unsure of how I should feel about the person in this folder. I opened it and it was none other than Jane, the woman who felt so bad for me that she invited me over to some party, I guess you can say she became my first friend at work. "No, she didn't do anything wrong to me-" I closed my eyes again, took deep breaths and- "I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT HAS TO BE HER!"

I felt his presence slowly getting into the light and there he was. He looked so perfect, too perfect; the man wore this amazing royal blue suit that just fit so well with his lean body, matching slacks and a pair of blood red shoes that perfectly contrasts to the suit, his hair was waxed and trimmed so fine that it was hard to tell if he's a killer or not but I guess that's what makes him so scary... because you can't tell him apart from the well-mannered and clean men; he had a white polo just tucked inside the suit he had on and a golden, dragon carved cane that sealed the deal. "Don't raise your voice, now. Read first." I wanted to observe him more but I didn't want him to think I think highly of him so I kept my attention to the information in the folder.

Name: Jane Winston
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 64 kg
...Cause of death: murder

"You're giving me away?", "No, that's a very childish thing to do." the man chuckles and lights up a Cuban cigar, "That's only the cause, no one will be mentioned anywhere, it's just her name everywhere and there will be no trace... Sad death for her but she deserved it." he blew out the smoke, "What did she do to you that you went through all this?" by that time, I lost the ability to be scared and got too immersed in the conversation, "You don't' want to know, it will just make you want to kill her more." I laughed back at him, "Then do tell, after all, that's what you want me to do." I smirked back at him, he shifted his attention to me which made me see his face clearly, his eyes had this mix of ocean blue and velvet red, it was hard to tell if it was natural but I was so sure it was, his face was clear like diamond but it had just a perfect cut on his right cheek slightly below his eye, it healed but it still left a mark

I want to know about that cut

And now his smile, his smile was wide and his teeth were so white, clean and straight that I am so sure it can blind you if you just look straight at them, "I got your attention." I kept my smirked expression and the man blinked a few times, I could tell he was impressed. "Yes, indeed you did." his smile soon disappeared, "I want her gone by tomorrow 9:15 P.M." he snaps his finger and six men walked towards the spotlight, a lot bigger than him, yes. But it was so... eye-catching, they all had funny animal head suits and masks that made them easy to distinguish from one another, one was a panda, the other a polar bear, the next a bunny, and my favorite the cat. They had all sorts of colors and sizes and I was intrigued; not something I should feel but I just did.

The first four men unlocked the chains and untied the heavy ropes on my arms then the last two had their arms around me just to make sure I won't make a run for it. They lifted me off my bed and they landed me on the cold, cemented floor and when I tried to walk, my knees felt weak and I just collapsed on the floor. "It's the drugs, it's still in her system." one of them says, "Bring her to me." the man... my man says and so dragged my arms but my legs just followed, "You took a lot of that can of Coke yesterday, I'm still wondering how you survived, most of them just overdose and." he chokes himself and started acting as if he was suffocating, closes his eyes and lets his tongue hang out, "Dead." I giggled, it was funny.

The idea of dying.

"You're strong outside and here." he points to my chest and gives me a cheeky smile before they put this black cloth around my head and drags me away again. I didn't know why I didn't scream this time. I didn't know what I was putting myself into but I'm excited.

*

Chris' POV

"Give her the rose gold rope and the butterfly knife," I commanded Bunny while I tried on the suits I bought in Paris last Tuesday. I was admiring my tattoos that lined down my arms when I took the suit off and just stared at them for minutes on my body-size mirror. "You don't even allow yourself to use them, sire." I took a deep sigh.

Come on, Christian; if you kill this one, he will be the fourth one this week.

"Just do what I tell you to do, Bunny. I'm not in the mood and Scarlet is very hungry right now." I eyed my beautiful tiger and looked back at Bunny, I saw him pull back and nod before he went out my room. I walked towards Scarlet, she was lying down her own black velvet couch while she licked her paws over and over, "I think I'm keeping her." I say to my pet and undressed, revealing my pale, tattooed body and made my way to the bathroom.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, thanks for the reads :-)) Sorry for the late update too, it usually takes time for me to think about what I want to happen but I'm happy I'm kind of getting into the point on this one. Have an amazing day ya'll. Vote and comment, thank you!

-Sophia