Chapter 1: The Birth of a Fairy

"Come quick "shouted Libby, I think it's time. All the fairies came running from where they were resting, some by the running brook where the river flowed like liquid gold through the mountains. Some from the trees, where the wind sung through the leaves, the rest from their little houses which scattered along the bank of the river. They were running to see their new addition, the little fairy they had waited so long for. Some of the fairies thought this little miracle was their savour as years before they had a premonition. This little fairy would be everything to them. She would be their Princess, and she would be cherished. She had been wanted for so long by her parents King Theo and Queen Freya. They gave up hope of ever carrying on their bloodline and this baby was their little miracle. All the fairies gathered outside the little house that housed their King and Queen, not daring to breathe for fear of not hearing this little Princess's first cries.
Silence fell then the most beautiful sound that they had ever heard echoed through the wood. All the fairies clapped and sang their fairy song, "We live, we laugh, we love always. Friends forever together and always".The sound of the fairies singing brought the door to be opened and a little fairy stood there holding the most beautiful little fairy any of them had ever seen. Gasps went round the little group, their miracle had arrived at last. "Let everyone come in "said King Theo. He was the proudest fairy king that ever lived at that moment. Everyone filed in, some fairies were holding hands, some were still singing. Queen Freya looked content, beautiful. Even more beautiful than she usually looked. Tears were running down her cheeks, tears of joy for the King and Queen were parents at last, they were complete.