Chapter 2 Brothers Devide

Rufus looked out of the little window in the tree house he shared with his brother Barnaby. "Looks like the fairy Princess has been born "he said looking at his brother. "Umphh",said Barnaby. He wasn't the least bit interested what little fairy had been born really. The two brothers couldn't be more different if they tried. Rufus was an enquistive sort of fairy. Always interested in what was happening, how things worked. But Barnaby was the total opposite. He wasn't bothered about anyone or anything. The other fairies didn't like him, he knew it but he didn't care. He didn't care much for them either, and he couldn't see why Rufus was so intrigued by them. Barnaby kept himself to himself and that's the way he liked it, but there was a spiteful side of his nature that wasn't found in many fairies. That made him different, that's why he stood out and he was happy with that.
"Shall we go and have a look at the Princess "said Rufus over to his brother. Barnaby started to get cross "Oh go if you want "he said, "I'm not interested one bit "and he turned his back and folded his arms. "It's no wonder the others don't bother with us "said Rufus looking at his brother .Sometimes he got very impatient with Barnaby . He wanted to be one of the fairies so badly, but he felt his brother held him back. He grabbed his little jacket hanging on the chair just inside the door and started out. "Shall I give them a message when I get there "he said hoping his brother would relent and go with him. "Yes, said Barnaby, "tell em we don't care "he said and he walked away from Rufus. He would never understand why his brother cared so much about these silly fairies. They had never been friendly towards him so they wouldn't get kindness back. They always seemed to look funny at him when he was in the woods and he would one day make them sorry.' One day', he thought to himself ,'I will be King, then they will bow to me '.This made him smile as he carried about his duties. He didn't notice Rufus had already left.
Rufus skipped along the forest floor, the leaves crackled beneath his feet. He was still annoyed with his brother but he wouldn't let it spoil him seeing the new baby for the first time. He smelt the air it was fresh and clean. 'Beautiful day' he thought. He loved Autumn, it was his favourite season. He loved feeling the the leaves under his feet and the wind on his face. He was a free little fairy and he loved to be so ,and before he knew it he was at the little cottage where the new Princess lay. Inside, everyone was singing, laughing, looking at the baby fairy. Rufus pressed his tiny face against the glass. He was quite small for his age so he hoped he wouldn't be seen. He stretched up just a bit more, just wanting a little peak at this new miracle. One little fairy looked up laughing, oh no he'd been seen. He jumped back but all of a sudden the singing stopped, so did the laughter. Something was said and the door started to open. 'Quick, thought Rufus 'I'd better get out of here'.He knew they wasn't popular brothers and that he cursed Barnaby for. 'At this rate, he'd never get to see his new Princess, not EVER' he thought to himself and he slunk off back to his cottage miserably.