Showdown

Allison Argent couldn't hide a self-satisfied smirk. Cora Hale had supernatural strength, but Allison scaled the outside of the distillery wall twice as fast. The hunter and the werewolf tiptoed across a stone ledge and squeezed through a rectangular window on the east side of the facility. Ethan and Chris Argent took the same path on the west side. Deaton, Lydia and Danny went through a back door and stood waiting outside the main room of the distillery, waiting for the signal.

Allison crawled to the edge of an iron walkway twenty feet above the room. Even though she expected to see the scene below her, she still gasped.

Stiles hung from his wrists in front of the vengeful sign Ennis had clawed into the wall. He must have been unconscious because his ankles were rolled and his whole body was limp. Gerard stood in front of the wounded Optimalpha and watched Stiles blood drain from his wrists into a bucket at his feet. A burst of adrenaline shocked Allison's system at the sight – Stiles was going to bleed out sooner than they anticipated.

Behind Gerard, Deucalion, Kali and Aiden stood over Scott, Derek and Isaac. The three werewolves were bound, on their knees, and subdued by cattle prods in their backs. Whenever any one of them made a move to help Stiles, one of the Alphas jabbed electricity into their spines.

Allison and Cora traded glances. "Ready?" the hunter whispered.

Cora's eyes were narrows and fierce. She leaned over the edge like an Olympian about to dive. "Ready," she said through sharp fangs. "Do it."

Allison unsheathed an arrow and released it. On the opposite side of the room, her father unleashed a barrage of bullets. Ethan and Cora dove off the walkways and landed, claws and teeth bared, between Gerard and his Alphas. Deucalion jabbed Derek in the neck with the cattle prod before launching it like a spear at Ethan. He rolled left, Cora right. Kali shoved Isaac aside and intercepted her. Allison took careful aim at Scott, said a brief prayer, and shot an arrow that sliced apart the ropes around his wrists. Startled, stunned, it took Scott an extra minute to realize that he was free. By then Deaton, Lydia and Danny ran into the room. Danny worked on getting Isaac and Derek free while Deaton and Lydia pulled Scott towards the sidelines.

"What's going on?" Scott asked. His words were slurred from the combination of electrocution and the poisonous smoke still in his lungs. Before he got an answer, Kali launched Cora and knocked all three of them to the ground. Derek roared. He tackled Kali so hard that they both burst through the wall behind Stiles.

"Lydia – Lydia, go!" Deaton shouted. Lydia squealed with fear but ducked her head and sprinted towards the corner. She found where the rope that held Stiles aloft was tied and got busy unknotting it. Deaton pulled Scott to his feet. The veterinarian took a syringe out of his pocket. It was as round as his fist, as long as his forearm, and full of violet liquid. "Do you trust me?" he asked Scott.

Scott swayed. He blinked and stood too close to Deaton. "Is that – is that wolf's bane?"

"The rope is too thick! I can't get it—" Lydia began. An arrow interrupted her sentence. Allison cleaved the rope just above Stiles' wrists and the teen crumpled to the floor.

"Wolf's bane and mistletoe," Deaton explained. "Scott, I'm sorry, but I have to kill you."

"Wh-what?"

Danny reappeared. He pulled Scott's arm over his shoulder and helped Deaton lead him over to Stiles. There was a gash across his forehead, courtesy of Deucalion, who was currently getting his ass whooped by his twin Alphas.

"Trust me," Deaton repeated to Scott. "Just trust me." Either Scott did trust him or he just didn't react in time, because Deaton stabbed the needle into the teen's neck and emptied the entire contents into Scott's bloodstream.