Stop Sign

"Thank goodness we made it," you sighed, breathing a soft sigh of relief as you heard the rain pour down on the streets even heavier than when it was before. You watched as the barren streets slowly got washed away by the harsh rain, barely being able to see more than 10 feet ahead. "If we left any later we could've drowned out there in that downpour."

"And I don't think it's going to let up any time soon, Kuroko-kun. So why don't you stay here until the rain stops?" you suggested to your baby blue-haired friend, digging through your completely soaked bag for the pair of keys you carried everywhere, and unlocked the door to your house. "Might take a while though. So best make yourself at home."

The boy nodded, following you as you both entered the dark house you called home. You lived with your grandparents, as your parents were both overseas at work. So it was just you and them.

"Where are Sobo and Sofu?" he asked, curiously looking around the empty house for my grandparents.

"Oh, they're at a Bingo game in the other town. They always play on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. And today's a Thursday," you answered him, placing my bag down on the kitchen counter, gesturing for him to do the same. "Normally they'd be back around 6 in time for dinner," you added, glancing at your watch, which was thankfully still functioning. Seeing that it was already 5, due to attempting to wait out the rain at school after both of our after school activities, you sighed. "But since it's raining this heavily, I doubt that they'll be back for quite a while."

"Oh," he nodded in understanding, placing his bag on the kitchen island as you'd instructed for him to do.

"Take out your things. There are plenty of paper towels. Put your things on top of some to try to dry your things out," you continued. "You can leave your bag in the sink, so the water doesn't get everywhere. I'll wash it and put it in the dryer later."

Nodding, you both to quickly lay everything out. Lots of paper towels were laid out on top of the surface of the kitchen island, and both your bags were left in the empty sink. You had turned on the heater of the house and had taken off your soaked sweater, leaving you clad in just an extra white undershirt you always wore underneath. You didn't think twice about Kuroko being in the room, since you weren't exactly naked in any way. You were wearing a shirt, so you were safe. Right?

Kuroko has never been the perverted type, and everyone knows it. He was nice, and polite, and well-mannered, as well as extremely quiet and sensitive. So you can imagine the surprise he felt when he suddenly felt blood rush up to his cheeks, giving his face that soft, pink, tint.

You didn't really pay attention to it, thinking that it was from the earlier rush from the school to her house, as well as the rain. And that was what he thought too. After all, what other reason was there for him to be so flushed?

Maybe he was already coming down with something? He pondered as he continued to attempt to dry out his stuff. He hoped not. Because he didn't find being sick very fun.

"Hey, you look a little flushed," you finally spoke up, bringing up the current condition of his cheeks as you leaned a hand on you hip, staring at him, slightly worried. "I think you better go take a shower first. Go use the one in my bathroom. Just go into my room on the first right you make after you go up the stairs," you instructed him, pushing him out of the kitchen. "There are extra towels in there, so feel free to use them."

"But what about my-?"

"I'll do it," you offered, cutting him off, which made him pout slightly. He didn't like being cut off by people when he was talking, which happened quite often. More than he liked. But he still managed to brush things off.