Chapter 3: The Silk Dress

[Guanyu POV]

    It burned emensly. It seemed to be grabbing the tinsel from the ceiling. I questioned the fire. Where did it come from? How could we have missed it? IS IT REAL? I was babbled beyond the point of belief. I looked towards Mother and said, "What's going to happen now?" She reassured me, "Nothing's going to happen!" Her voice was louder and harsher than I thought it would be. "We have to find some way to get out of here Mother, maybe the upstairs window?" She thought about what I said, grabbed several of her expensive and grand silk dresses which were given to her by a mysterious and reoccurring man. He was a shorter gentlemen. He had a look of power and greatness, although his clothing made him look poor and impoverished. This made me question how he came in ownership of theses elegant dresses. Did he steal them? Did he make them?

    Once we reached the third and highest floor of my house Mother ripped and knotted the fabrics to create a rope with a loop. The loop was just big enough for a medium sized rock. Then she turned to me and said, "Xia you have to get in the seat in the loop." "What?" I was shocked. "Trust me Xia I'll lower you down to the ground so you can escape." I hesitated. "Xia you have to trust me it's not safe for you to be here." I wanted to know more. "Why?" I rebuttaled. "Because Xia you're a-a..." "A what?" I screamed whilst tears dripped down my face. "YOU'RE A KHAN, XIA! A KHAN! YOU, are the great grandson of General Genghis Kahn!" Her face was bright red and covered in tears. I was astonished to know that I, Guanyu Xia, was a Khan. *boom, bang, crunch* I couldn't believe it. The Keraites were breaking down a wall of our house, just to get me! This was truly an eye opening thought.

     Mother lowered me down quickly and I reached the ground. As I was waiting on Mother to climb down, I heard senseless screaming and babbling fill the streets along with the chiming of gongs. This either meant someone had died or someone had just been born. In my opinion it's pretty safe to say that the gongs were for the dead. Mother began climbing down slowly she turned and smiled at me. This made me feel relieved. Suddenly I heard a battle cry. One all to similar to the roars I heard early in the Shrine room. It was a warrior from the Keraites. Mother's care free and at peace face became all too calm as I saw the Kerate swiftly maneuver a short handled blade through her neck. The look of her now fallen head and body was all but in pain. It seemed relaxed and even more care free than before. It rested upon the ground staining the once cream orange dirt a painfully bright scarlet red. I thought in silence as a heard the gong sound off. She couldn't be dead I thought, but no matter what I thought, what happened happened. I didn't accept it. In the moment, all I thought was that it was my fault. It was because of my existence that my village was raided. Innocent people lost there life's because of me. I had to reconcile this...but how?"HEY!"