Chapter 14-New Friend

--Faith POV--

Can we get something to eat?" I asked shakily.

"Of course we can." Cole responded, his heart making my worries melt away.

"Ok, give me a minute to get dressed." I said, and he nodded, leaving me in the room. I opened my dresser and grabbed a white baseball tee with blue sleeves, khaki shorts and black converse. I took my hair brush and ran it through my ratty hair. I grabbed my phone off my side table and made my way to the living room. Dalton and Gabe were playing call of duty, Dana was playing a game on his phone, and will was in the kitchen, eating. I plopped down on the couch next to Dana, and leaned over to see what he was playing.

"Whatcha playin'?" I asked, and he jumped, causing himself to lose.

"Damn, you scared me Faith. Anyway, it's called flappy bird. It's literally the hardest game ever." He said, restarting the game.

He tapped his screen, progressing through narrowly, until he accidentally double-tapped, causing the bird to hit the top of the pipe. He nearly chucked his phone, but I swiped it before he could.

"It doesn't seem that hard." I replied casually, handing him his phone, standing up.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down onto the couch.

"Oh yeah? You try it then." He challenged, handing me his phone.

"Ok, what's your high score?" I asked, tapping the screen, about to begin the game,

"28. If you beat that, I'll buy you sour patch watermelons for the rest of your life." He bet.

"Deal. So, how many tries do I get?" I asked.

"Only 1." He replied.

"Not fair. You've probably played hundreds of times." I argued.

"Fine, you get three tries." He sighed, and I stuck my tongue out at him playfully.

I tapped the screen, and began playing. I approached the tube, and died before I got through it. Dana started to laugh, as if he already won. I slapped his arm, and he quieted down a bit, biting his tongue to not laugh. I restarted the game, and started tapping my way through. This time, I successfully made it to 23. I looked to see Dana looking nervous. I smiled to myself, and started playing the game again. I tapped through, and without realizing it, I made it to 47. I only realized when I died, and Dana looked at me with shock.

I started laughing, and passed him his phone.

"Guess you'll be buying me my candy from now on." I smirked, and he dropped his phone.

"Wha..." He trailed off, still sad I beat him.

I got up from the couch and headed to Cole's room. I knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

"Come in. He replied, his voice muffled by the door.

I opened the door, and saw Cole facing away from me, his t-shirt in his hands. He turned to me, and I couldn't help my eyes trailing up and down his body. I bit my lip, closing the door behind me without turning away. A devilish smirk swept over his face, and he walked over in large strides. I backed up as he came closer, until my back was against the door. He put his arms on either side of me, pinning me to the wall.

"Payback sucks, doesn't it?" He whispered into my ear.

Knowing what he was doing, a smirk threatened to play in my lips, but I resisted. I lightly ran my fingers over his upper arm, tracing his bicep. I felt the goosebumps form beneath my fingers, and he glared playfully at me.