Chapter 2

SIX YEARS LATER

Bending her knees, kissed blue by hours of fumbling around Severus Snape's classroom, Lilith perched on the end table of the Great Hall. Deep down she'd never felt like a member of Hogwarts. Not until now.

A substantial amount of students flooded the room like wildfire. The diminutive figure of Lilith visibly sank into her seat. These were the people who would become her classmates, her friends, maybe - and yet, all eyes were on her. Maybe it was her imagination but she couldn't help but deviate her gaze to her professor at the front. Severus Snape outstared her and Lilith directed her eyes back to the currently empty, wooden table of the Slytherin house.

One by one, her new housemates joined her. Lilith hadn't been able to become an official student until she reached the age of eleven. This left her five years to spend with the professors and under the particular protection of Dumbledore himself and her head of house, Snape.

Her rusty brown eyes, as deep as her mood, scanned over those who joined the Slytherin table. Lilith found herself accompanied by a blond-haired boy a few seats down, a girl with a jaw-length cut, and two chubby boys who happened to be sitting next to Lilith herself. Eventually, the table grew rich with delectable foods, and although Lilith couldn't find it in herself to be as indulgent as the rotund lads beside her, she dug in. 

"Are you a pure-blood?" 

It was the pale boy. As Lilith met his eyes, she noticed that his were silvery like that of a snake. As both pairs of globes locked, it became two contrasting images - the storm, and the earth, diamond and coins, metal, and rust. 

"I do not know," Lilith acknowledged. "Why is it important?"

"I'm Draco Malfoy," the boy announced, beaming with pride. Lilith shrugged in response, indicating she had no bloody idea what he was on about, and turned back to her feast. Draco, unimpressed, bit at her, "Do you not know who I am?"

Lilith's body language was the same as the first time. She lifted her shoulders lazily. Much to Draco's absolute disgrace, she polished off a slice of roast chicken caked in tomato ketchup. He huffed. She shrugged; nonetheless moving onto a peppermint humbug.

Soon, the head of houses began to trail pupils out of the grand room. They followed in their steps, some begrudgingly, some with a light spring in their step. Lilith caught sight of Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Severus Snape himself had appeared to have been waiting for the boy's arrival ever so anxiously, and the halls were filled with whispers of the child's name. He was accompanied by a girl with a mane, and another male with hair as orange as flames.

Treading up the corridors was nothing new to the eleven year old. She'd already located the Slytherin common room. Consequently, she fell into step with the head boy and girl. Lilith's existence at Hogwarts had been somewhat of a mystery before.

 Lilith's bedroom was lined with four beds which stood tall above her, their bottle green cloaks pooling on the leaden floor. The entire area was ornate and intricate. A few steps into the room already, Lilith noted her reflection in the emerald-tinted window at the very heart of the walls. Giving up resistance, she headed to one of the beds and crawled into the deep charcoal sheets. With a swift motion she stole the curtains from their immobile stance at the bottom of her bed, and in seconds, her being was concealed.

"Hello?"

She shot up. Peeking from her hiding place, she saw a chunky, mannish female with short fuzzy hair. She was accompanied by another girl marked most obviously by a scowl. Flustered, Lilith rushed to her feet.

"Hello," she called out, smiling at the pair. They gave her an equally as happy look, much to her surprise. Lilith followed up her greeting with, "What are your names?"

"Millicent Bulstrode," the bigger girl responded. She turned to her friend and added, "That's Daphne Greengrass."

"I'm Lilith Lovell," she told them, and retreated to her bed. Lilith pulled out the wand she'd gotten from Ollivanders' a few days prior, courtesy of Dumbledore himself. It was fanciable, made of silver lime wood which had become extremely rare among wizards and witches, and its core was made of the feather from a thunderbird tail. It was almost miniature, much like Lilith herself, reaching a total of only six and a half inches long. 

"Lumos," Lilith pronounced in a hushed tone and the incantation lit up her wand. She saw the silhouette of Daphne jump and swivel around, before shaking her head softly and turning back to her bed. Lilith drowned herself in darkness again and began to play with a strand of her caramel hair. It was there, entrapped in her smoky duvet, that her gingerbread orbs closed and she was stolen by sleep.

Ensorcelled (Draco Malfoy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें