Turning Ember to Flame-A Hobbit tale

My name is Ember and I am legend... haha just kidding. Actually I'm a nerd, a raging fangirl with a love of fiction. The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are my personal favorites. This is a story of how I saved lives with my knowledge, how I was sucked into world that was not my own. So here we go...

*********Turning Ember to Flame**********

I got up from my warm bed and wished I hadn't quite quickly. My apartment had no heat and it was the middle of winter in ohio so I froze almost instantly. I ran to the bathroom which was down the hall and took a warm shower. I wrapped the towel around my body when I finished and ran to my closet where I quickly put on underware and a black bra, a solid black Hanes t-shirt, dark skinny jeans, think socks, my black tie-up combat boots, and leather fingerless gloves.

I walked out of my closet and gazed at the sad looking room infront of me. I was 19 and had no family left to live with so here I was, all alone in a large apartment I was left when my mom died. I hadn't unpacked all my stuff so there were stacks of boxes littering the whole flat. The only good thing about the apartment was that there was an awesome coffee shop across the street with free wi-fi. I had gone to that cafe many times since moving in but I had no idea that I would never make it there that day.

I went back into the bathroom and brushed my unruly red hair and put 5 or 6 small braids in it like I did most days. I put on some eyeliner and mascara, then my family crest that hung from a silver chain, my piece of pressed metal on a chain with my name carved in dwarfish runes and the silver metal choker my mother gave me for my 15th birthday, a week before she died. My mother had stage 4 cancer and told no one until it was far to late. I tried not to think about all the bad thing that happened in that year but never quite manage.

I threw my brown leather backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my wallet, sticking it in my back pocket and attaching the thick silver chain to my belt loop. Sliding on my leather jacket I made my way into the clear air of a crisp, cold day in Athens, Ohio. Just as I crossed the street, coffee house in sight, I heard a loud and high pitched screech on the right of me. I whipped my head around to see a car sliding over a patch of ice and barreling towards me. I couldn't move fast enough and I felt the car hit me hard.