Chapter 39

I woke up to a dimly lit room feeling slightly disoriented.
"What time is it" I barely managed to mumble to no one in particular, letting my eyes fall closed and my head snuggle back into my pillow.
"2:41 a.m." Answered the voice that I knew all to well. My eyes popped back open, my head sitting back up. I looked over to see Peter sitting at the foot of my bed, absentmindedly messing with a loose thread from my comforter.
"But what you should be asking is what day it is." he continued, still not looking up at me.
"I'v been asleep for over a day?" I asked sounding confused, but not because of how long I slept but more because I was confused as to why Peter was in here after I had been so mad at him.
"Several actually." Peter said with no hint of emotion to his voice. In fact, his tone has been this unbearably emotionless since I had first woken up. Iv never seen him talk like this for such an extensive amount of time and It made me feel slightly uneasy.
"How many?" I asked looking down at my fidgeting hands, not daring to be the first to make eye contact.
"About 5" he sounded unfazed by this but to me sleeping for 5 days straight did not seem like a normal every day thing. Peter seemed to notice the bewildered look on my face and explained further.
"Once you fell asleep I put a deep sleeping spell on you to keep you knocked out until the pain had subsided." he shrugged nonchalantly. "figured it was our best option."
I wanted to stay angry at Peter, I really did, but the more I thought about it, the harder it became. He had been staying here with me even though we weren't exactly on good terms with each other and he still did 'something' to help me handle the pain even after I had yelled at him and told him I didn't need his help.
"It should still be sore when you move your ankle but nothing you can't handle." he finally looked up at me but I continued to stare down at the blankets trying to sort things out in my head. "Well now that you've woken up I assume you can take care of yourself" he looked away again "I'm going to head back out to the camp" he stood and made his way for the doors
"Wait, Peter.." He turned to face me agin as I stood from the bed, wincing at the slight pain I felt from the pressure on my ankle. I lost my train of thought when I noticed how closely Pan and I were standing together, barely inches apart. I struggled to remember what I had planned to say to him and he raised his brow curiously at me.
"Uhh... thank you.." I looked down to the floor breaking the eye contact. Peter tilted up my chin with his index finger making me look back up at him. He smirked down at me obviously humored at how difficult it was for me to say those words. It was the most emotion I had seen on his face since I woke up.
"Your welcome." his smirk widened as he said this in a hushed tone, staring into my eyes intensely before pulling his hand away from my face and turning to head out of the room once again.