Chapter 13 - Filling Empty Spaces

I didn't want to believe Jim, I didn't want to believe anything. There's no way Mick was gone. I just didn't feel it. But then Jim handed me a necklace, that Mick refused to take off. I held it in my trembling hands. The tears were flowing again like a river, this time worse than ever before.
Jim then grasped me in his arms. He was so warm, I didn't want to let go. "Im sorry Joy, I'm so sorry this is my fault.", Jim said. I then stayed in his arms for the longest time. He then kissed me ever so gently again and again. The love, the tenderness flooded his emotions. This "phantom" of a man had disintegrated into ashes. Nothing was left but a gentle, worn out heart. And who was I to blame, I had fallen in love with this heart. Now, I wasn't going to walk away, even though he would follow, I now would love him forever. All the insanity leading up to this precious moment, has withered away. The horrid show, Mick, Ray, was completely blurred from my memory. Last thing I remember from Roger, was that he attended the funerals, and said goodbye to everyone. No one knows where he went. Some say he lives in a small house in the countryside of England. Others say he joined the war as a tribute to his lost father.
As for Ray, he still makes music with John and Robby. But he's still completely unaware that Jim is still alive. Ray from what I remember, was more at peace, and free. I mean it does make sense, how would you feel if you had to keep up with a lizard king all your life.
The last person I remember would be The Psychedelic King. He was a very charming character. I never got the chance to speak with him, but I could already tell that he meant so much to so many people. Including his queen, they share love like no one else can. They stay true to each other, never fight, never lie. It's the purest love one can imagine, and the most beautiful. It's funny, I wish every couple could experience something like that. Last thing I heard they were making albums, fantastic art pieces and poems to share with the world. And you know, I think they'll spread that lovely thing called love, I really do.

***6 months later***

It was like nothing tragic had ever happened. We had a lovely white house in the green of the jungle overlooking the ocean. As love fills your heart, you start to notice things. Like in the morning, the sun gives a warm passionate hug to the sky making it glow. Or when it rains, the rain drops dance on the vibrant flower petals.
Everything also is much happier, no matter how sad a piano piece may be, or the saddest movie. Long as I thought about Jim, everything is groovy.
Each morning is a breath of fresh air. Jim would get up and run his hands through his curls, stretch, and sit in the music room. His best pieces are when he first wakes up. I think it's the calm ambient light of dawn that gives him inspiration, or maybe just me. Whatever it was, it was soothing as can be.
We grew together, learned all sorts of things about history or how to successfully light a fire without a match. The days and nights made us closer. So close that we couldn't stand to be without each other more than a few minutes. The idea sounds insane, but it was normal to us.
It's funny how life works, you loose, you give, you love, and you hate. But why should we hide it? Why should we conceal our hearts and feelings? When you open your eyes, you don't just see, you feel. You feel the colors, the air, the emotions, everything. And you start to love everything, appreciating every little detail big and small.
My name is Joy lyn Morrison. A shadow used to shade me from the indescribable beauty of life. I was scared, I was frightened. But when the doors are opened, and everything is in color, life becomes breathtaking. So don't let a phantom's shadow keep you from opening the doors of perception, it could give you the experience of a lifetime.

The End...