PROLOGUE.

PROLOGUE.

A figure emerged out of the warehouse doors, their walk no longer proud, but damaged. They clutched at their stomach and tumbled slightly, releasing a slight hiss of pain – but then quickly composing themselves. As the figure limped under the early morning sun, it would be seen that it was a Caucasian woman, with a brunette braid hanging loosely from her head. Tendrils of hair escaping from it. If any passers by were to see her, they would think she was such a peculiar human, dressed in a black tank top and shorts, with only a black backpack – one strap slouching down her shoulder and pistol holders dangling from her legs.  A cough erupted from her lips, her hand rushing to her mouth to catch whatever came out of it.

She pulled her arms around herself as the icy air nipped at her bare skin. The circular weapon had stopped its miraculous vibrating a little under twenty minutes ago. Leaving the slender woman uncertain of the cocky Americans fate; though she was convinced he had died somewhere in that god forsaken lab. It somewhat upset her, she found him insanely attractive, and she also grew rather fond of him – whatever that means. She was almost certain that ghastly creature had died in there too, but the more she thought of it, the more she wondered if IT was still alive.

She had followed the circular objects movement, but to no avail, the raven haired American was nowhere to be found, she was disappointed. All she wanted to do was find him for the fear that she could possibly not live in this world on her own anymore. She was scared, something so strange to hear from such a fearless and brave woman.

She was simply just Lara Croft now, 'murderer'. She  had no American to help her along the way, no parents to offer her guidance, and by the time she returned to England, she had no home.

She was alone in a world that had proved to be the most frightening thing she had ever encountered.