Almost 1

CL Toronto > city of toronto > personals > missed connections
[reply]

Long flowy skirt and short blonde hair on the College streetcar
We noticed each other on the College streetcar, around 11:15 this morning, and I wish I had said something to you. Your hair was platinum blonde and short and you were wearing a flowy red skirt and a simple white tanktop. When you pushed your aviators on top of your head, I noticed your brown eyes looking at me. Your blue necklace looked too big for your small body and I liked that. You were with a friend who looked like your complete opposite. She had long brown hair tied in a tight low bun and was wearing a grey suit with heels. You talked animatedly almost the entire time while she listened. I was sitting across from both of you, wearing a black Bruce Springsteen t-shirt and sunglasses that I also took off so that you could see me.

I have never written something on missed connections before, but I can't get the feeling of sitting across from you out of my head. I'm not much of a romantic, but I feel like the unique quality that drew my eye to you may be the same quality that will drive you to look for me here. I hope.

PS – My name's Jon.

From: Chloe P.
Date: July 24, 2016
Re: Reply to your Craigslist Ad #8546124

Jon,

Today was my first time on missed connections as well. The slight comfort in you not knowing my last name gives me the courage to tell you that your headline had the funny (or not so funny) effect of making me physically unwell. I was about to post my own ad. My headline would have read "Adorable (slightly awkward) guy in Bruce Springsteen t-shirt on the College streetcar". In case you're curious.

Anyways - brevity is a virtue.

So, while in the name of self-preservation I should have perhaps refrained from replying, in the name of serendipity (or almost serendipity), I had to say something.

I'm the "friend in the suit." The opposite of the girl you thought may come find you here.

Nice to meet you,
Chloe