Chapter 10

Bella

The next morning while I was getting ready, I realized that both Ryan and Charlie were gone.

On my phone was a text from my brother.

Bell, dad went fishing, and I left already. Steph said that she needed me early for some news. Make sure Edward stays in line, or I will kick his ass. Vampire or not.

~Ryan

Rolling my eyes at his message, I got ready.

Once I was finished, I heard a quiet knock on the door.

Almost flying down the stairs, I stood next to the door. Fixing my hair a bit, I took a deep breath then opened the door.

Edward was leaning against the door, looking solemn until he saw me. His eyes ranked me, then he chuckled.

I looked at him confused, then looked at myself​ making sure I didn't forget anything.
"We match," he said smiling.

Turns out we did. We both had on a tan sweater, and jeans. Laughing softly, I locked the door and followed him to his car.

Half an hour later, Edward pulled up to a trail. Saying that we will be walking from here, I followed him.

"Bella, do you see that light up ahead?" He pointed in front of us.

Shaking my head no, he said it might be early for my eyes to see.

Shortly, I saw some light and started to walk faster to it. Breaking through the trees, I gasped when I saw it.

A meadow. A really beautiful one. Filled with flowers of multiple colors. In almost the shape of a circle, trees framed the place.

Wow, I thought. Looking behind me, I saw the Edward was still hiding in the shadows.

Renée has told us almost everything she knows about vampires, so I understand his hesitation.

I walked forward, and reached my hand out to him. Hoping he will take it. Edward needs to know that I'm not afraid of him.

I smiled when he put his hand in mine.

Well, tentatively he did. And once he steps into the light, his skin sparkles like a million diamonds.

I gasped softly. Obviously I knew what was going to happen, but it still surprised me. I never seen it in person.

The both of us walked to the middle of the meadow and sat down.
My finger softly trailed over his skin, still mesmerised by it.

He then started to speak. On how he was dangerous to me, and how he can kill me without meaning to.

But then, he promised me he wouldn't. He never would.

If only he knew what I was capable of.

Right now, he was laying on his back while my fingers were softly touching his arm. Moving my hand from his arm, I reached for his hair and played with the strands.

"You have to go," he whispered.

Sighing, I nodded my head. Getting up, Edward smiled at me.

"Can I show you how I travel?" His excitement made my heart burst.

So I agreed, and surprisingly he pulled me on his back.

"You better hold on tight, spider monkey." And he took off.

It felt like we were flying! My eyes widened when I realized how fast we're going. Everything was going by so fast, it all looked like a blur.

Suddenly he stopped, and I looked around and saw that we were back at the car. Shaking, I got off his back, and sat on the ground. Putting my head between my knees, I groaned.

"I guess that wasn't the best idea," he murmured.

Shaking my head I signed, No. It was fun, without looking.

He scoffed. "Yeah right, Bella. You're almost as pale as me."

Chuckling dryly, I stayed in that position until Edward said, "Open your eyes, Bella."

I sucked in a surprise breath when I saw how close he was to my face.

"I want to try something," he whispered. "Is that okay?"

I nodded.

Both of his hands came up, and cradled my face. He leaned in until both of our noses touched. Finally, he closed the distance.

Sparks flew as soon as our lips touched. I gasped, and pushed my lips harder against his.

He froze. Edward softly pushed me away, his jaw clenched.

"Oops," I mouthed.

"That's an understatement." His eyes were pitch black.

I tried to give him some space, but he didn't let go. "No, I'm fine. Just...wait."

A few seconds later, his eyes got their golden color. Getting off of the grass, he drove us back home.

On the way, he told me about what he remembers from his human life. He was born on June 20, 1901 in Chicago. He was only seventeen when we was changed. Carlisle changed Edward because he was dying of the Spanish influenza.

He was the first to Carlisle's family. Esme was soon after. Then, Rosalie and Emmett. Alice and Jasper came last, and they claimed the family as theirs.

The house came into view, and a wave of sadness swept over me. I didn't want the night to end.

Edward saw the sadness in my eyes, and asked if he could come inside. As soon as I nodded my head, he was at my door.

Bella, are you at home? Ryan's sudden outburst made me jump a bit.

Edward looked at me worriedly, but didn't say anything.

I'm home. What's wrong?

It's Stephenie. She told me she is one of us. There's more people like us.

Well, who is she related to?

He hesitated. She's related to Hades.

______________

Okay, well this note is going to be quick.

So, I was thinking...maybe I should make a sequel for this. Now I'm not 100% sure but, it's likely.

And I did not want to go through typing all they said during the meadow scene sooooooo I just skimmed over it.

Well let me know your thoughts!