Chapter 25 - More Mates

Author Note: News article is from Scotty2nuts  Thanks!  I hope you all enjoy it as much as MaxD01 and I did!

When they left the steak house, Zane was still grinning at Tashi and Liam. They were completely opposite looking. She had the dark skin, long straight black hair and dark eyes of her ancestry. Liam was the stereotypical red head and was a good eight or more inches taller than Tashi.  Zane made a decision with Kat, "I'll run you to the Pride, Tashi. I have a feeling if I didn't, your parents might sit on my wolf at some point. I don't have any urge to be squished. My wolf agrees with me."

Kat grinned, "I would hate to lose my mate to being squished as well. Liam, go with Tashi and I'll follow with your car. You are going to be too distracted to drive safely." She took the keys from him and couldn't help but whistle. He must be doing well since it was a gun metal grey Challenger. Based on looking at it, it was one of the V8 versions, "Nice car Liam. I will take care of her for you." It was obviously his baby since it gleamed in the sun.

*****

Tashi and Liam sat in the back and cuddled, talking softly, learning about each other, beyond the information released online. Tashi told him about the mating bite, and the information he needed for that before he could make the decision. Many packs had relaxed the standard for turning without a mating, but still, it was preferred to Mate, and let those changes finish before turning. It gave the human mate a time to settle into their new lives, and also made the Turn easier.

Zane had to resort to chatting with Kat over the bonds, to try to tune them out. He was relieved when they pulled up to the gate and the guard just waved them through the gate. Kat parked his Challenger at the door as Zane got them aware that they had arrived.

Liam shook his head, "You could have blindfolded me, for all that I saw the trip here!" he commented, looking around holding onto Tashi's hand. "I like it." He said commenting on the building.

When they stepped up to the door, the Pride Leaders were waiting, along with many others. Zane just nodded to them, wanting to have some fun with his mate. They had a room here which was permanently assigned to them, since they came over every couple of weeks at least.

*****

Adam and Brook had started running major news items in the main hall, especially when they referenced their pack, so they could see how the humans were reacting to them coming out.  It also gave the pack some information, that prevented rumours, and for the students to see how the world was changing.

This is Scotty Peel with WVDK news, most of you have already seen the public announcement from Alpha Adam Wolfe of the Wild Valley Pack, and the others about the fact there Weres do exist, and I am sure that many of you viewers have seen the numerous other news reports from around the world with the protests and riots since the news has come out. We here at WVDK have seen them as well and have decided to do a slightly different report on the subject. I have been on the streets and have visited numerous religious leaders and have even managed to interview a few military leaders who wish to remain unknown for their safety and to avoid repercussions, I have even interviewed many people on the streets. This report will be about what I have found on those people's opinions, I also must make it known that WVDK News is officially not taking a side in the for or against the Were's opinion, to keep an honest and unbiased approach.

The first segment of our report we talked to head pastor of West Baptist Church, Rev Davis. Rev Davis, what is you option, on the news about Weres being real and how do you feel about the news in regards to your faith?