Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Maya's P.O.V

Instead of doing the usual studying, I spent all weekend too busy being angry at Ethan to do anything productive.

When I wasn't thinking about being angry about Ethan, I was busy missing him.

If it was a few months ago, I would be fine not texting Ethan for weeks on end. Actually, we didn't even text for seventeen years until months ago.

Now, he was a big part of my daily routine. Whether it was the weekdays or weekends, receiving a message from him always made me happier.

Not to say that he didn't send me any texts over the weekend, because he did. A lot actually.

He sent me hundreds of texts saying he was sorry and that he wasn't going to go to Celine's house anymore, and it took me all I had to ignore every single one of them. I made sure to read his texts to show him that I've seen his messages but do not want to reply.

Yes, I am at that level of petty.

Maybe I went a little overboard but he needed to know that I didn't like it when he went to another girl's house. Okay, it was to do their project, but still, there are plenty of other places to do it.

Like their history classroom, the library, drama room, or heck, you can even practice a play in the parking lot.

To say that I disliked Celine was an understatement. I absolutely despised her. Just because my boyfriend was good looking, doesn't give her the right to flirt with him.

Ever since she asked me to introduce her to Ethan, I've always kept a close eye on her. She didn't know that I was dating Ethan at the time, but I made sure that she does now.

Every time I was with Ethan and she was around or insight, I'd make sure to place a slow, lengthy, and passionate kiss on Ethan's soft lips to show her that we were in fact dating and not best friends. I repeat, NOT best friends.

The first time she saw us kiss, I could see the horror on her face as she presumably realized that she had told Ethan's girlfriend to introduce him to another girl. It's safe to say she hasn't uttered a single word to me since and always tried to sit far away from me in class.

I took out my phone as it rang with Leah's name appearing on the screen.

"Girl, I'm five minutes away!" Leah hollers through the phone.

She didn't give me a chance to reply before ending the call abruptly. I finish applying some lipstick, placing it back to my purse, running my fingers through my hair as I head down the stairs.

The moment I step outside the house, I feel the warmth of the sun beating down on my legs. Mentally congratulating myself for picking a light outfit today or else I'd be drowning in sweat, I wait for Leah's arrival.

It didn't take long, probably a few minutes, before her car enters my view. Getting on the car, a feeling of excitement builds inside my stomach as my best friend and I plan on spending the entire day looking for prom dresses.

Prom was more than a month away, but knowing Leah, she was always excited when it came down to big events like prom. Not to mention this was our senior prom, so she was determined to make sure that everything was perfect.

"Are you still mad at Ethan?" She asked as she pulls onto the main road.

"No, but he still needs to learn his lesson."

Leah took her eyes off the road quickly and turns over to look at me with amusement in her eyes. "And what exactly is his lesson?"

"That he shouldn't go over any girl's house that isn't me."