Prologue: New Reality

Hello everyone! This is my 2nd Dance Moms fic. This is a crossover of DM/LD/Walking Dead/Resident Evil. Hope you guys enjoy!

Dancing Among The Dead

Prologue: New Reality

Chloe’s POV
February 1, 2017

It happened so fast. So fast that a blink was all it took for you to realize that every life on the planet had changes.

They said it was a new flu virus that made severe someone have severe colds and fever. Some said it was a contamination in the water supply. Some say it was some government top secret bio weapon. Some resorted to saying it was signs of end times. Either way, none had known what the real cause was.

The cause of the dead going back to life.

To think I was in the middle of my big break as an actress. I was beginning to enter my dream of being the greatest actress ever. One night, me and my family were on a premier night for my movie with me as the lead, praised greatly I might add. Then the next day, chaos ensued.

It started in New York. Corpses rose up from cemeteries and morgues and started devouring people. Those who got bitten by the dead, became the dead. Tens became hundreds. Hundreds became thousands, and so on. Then it spread outside New York.
People tried to go west to get far away from the source of the outbreak as far as possible. The states east of New York weren’t so lucky. They got blocked and all air travel from their location got banned, fearing they may have the infection and just spread it faster.

When it reached my home, Pittsburgh, it was every man for himself. Everyone looted stores and malls for supplies and other things that were useless in the zombie apocalypse that was happening. I guess greed is strong, even in the face of armageddon. We tried to fortify our home and it worked. It was big and the supplies were enough to last us for months. But it got to the point that the undead got to many in our area and we were forced to evacuate

We only took what we need just as mom and dad told us to do: clothes, food, survival gear. But me and my sister, Clara took some photos and other mementos with us.

As we were escaping our zombie filled neighbourhood, my dad got bitten as he fell behind. We tried to save him but more were closing in on him. He shouted for us to go and leave him despite our protest. Mom and Clara were devastated seeing him be eaten alive. As my dad screamed and told us to go to safety, with the courage I could muster, I took mom and Clara by hand and ran and dragged them with me. Mom was heartbroken at that and Clara was definitely scarred for life.

We took shelter on some empty houses that were very far away from the undead. Weeks later, while waking up, military trucks came and rounded us up to take us to safety and McKinley plaza where food, shelter, and medical treatment was provided. We thought we were finally safe, especially when they said they will fly us to a more secure location where the zombies aren’t appearing yet

But then some asshole who insisted that he wasn’t infected but was really infected started to become a zombie and infected everyone one by one. To make matters worse, some in the medical tents of the plaza succumbed to the infection and the next thing we knew, everyone was either running for their lives or becoming zombies.

It was a stampede of people and the undead. A stampede which dragged my mom and separated me and Clara from her. We tried to get to her. We cried for her to come back, to desperately reach her but it was a useless effort. I have lost my dad and his last words were to run to safety. I have lost my mom and her last words were to take care of Clara.

With the supplies we have and my baby sister, I ran once again, desperately trying to stay alive while asking the question

Why?