Chapter 1: Undead Routine

Dancing Among The Dead

Chapter 1: Undead Routine

Chloe’s POV
April 1, 2017

My name is Chloe Lukasiak. You probably heard me from the show Dance Moms and perhaps even on some movies and music videos. Yup, that’s me. A budding dancer and actress turned zombie killer and survivalist. I was living the life I always dreamed of. Then life had to but in and ruin all of it when the zombie outbreak began. Now, those accomplishments and dreams don’t matter anymore. What now mattered is survival and not being counted as one of the dead

It only took a month for the virus to spread to the whole country and infect most people. From a world full of modern technology and internet surfing, to a world of of the unliving and zombie wasteland. You don’t really see people anymore. The common sight are now walking corpses that used to be people themselves. I prefer it that way to be honest. The zombies kill and make you one of them. But most people who are left alive try to kill you as well because of selfishness and need of supplies. You could say it was survival of the fittest.

Most of what we had at first got stolen from us. We got threatened to be killed or worse, raped by some men and even women even if we didn’t comply. Ever since then, I learned to scavenge for supplies and to never trust others ever again.

I was approaching an abandoned convenience store. Down the road. Our week long supply had already been spent and it was time for a refill. I got in front of the glass door, that was open. I don’t approach immediately though. I knock hard on the glass panel and listen for signs of life. A few seconds later, I heard snarls coming from inside

Great. Zombies.

The zombies are like what they depict in the movies but only worse. Shuffling, rotting, and have a knack for brains and whatever you were made of. They could see you by sight and by hearing. Never knew if they could react to smell but whatever. Based on the snarls that were growing closer, I guess that two were inside.

I always did dream of being on a zombie movie. Pre zombie apocalypse Chloe Lukasiak was an internet celebrity dancer who got millions of views on Youtube, dance on shows and events and starred in movies. Yup, pre zombie apocalypse Chloe Lukasiak was living the life and maybe even on the road to receive an oscar. But then the zombie apocalypse came and those didn’t matter anymore and pre zombie apocalypse Chloe Lukasiak died but among her ashes, the Chloe Lukasiak of now was born

Post zombie apocalypse Chloe Lukasiak had lost her lavish lifestyle, her family, fame, everything. She witnessed her own father be devoured by the zombies and probably is among the walking dead now. A stampede on a safezone made her separate from her mother, who cried for her children desperately to come back to her. All she had now was little dignity she has and her baby sister, Clara.

I unsheathe my combat knife that dad gave me as a birthday present. One time, mom went nuts why dad gave me a knife as a present and he said that I might need it one day. Boy was he right. Silently, I approach the store, crouching to avoid being seen by the zombies. I take cover on the cashier counter and there, I can see two shuffling zombies who were probably craving for fresh meat. Sorry for them, I don’t plan to be on their menu.

With nimble feet, I sneak up on the zombie closest to me and drive the knife on it’s head. Now this is what zombie movies and games teach you. When they tell you to shoot for the head, they were right. They got killed instantly when hit in the head. I guess they needed more brains to survive more. The moment the zombie I killed thumped on the ground, the other one noticed immediately and stared at me with it’s rotting, yellowing eyes. The old Chloe would have riled in fear and puked in horror. But new Chloe had seen enough shit that it was nothing to her anymore.