Chapter 5 A Normal Day Turns To A Night Of Terror

Birmingham

Lynn's pov

Today is a normal day. I've cleaned our small home and now I'm tending to the animals. I stare at the poor children frolicking without a care in the world.  My father was right when you don't know what you have till its lost and to cherish what you have.  Some children run up to me. Lillian is a child that my mother and I helped take care of in our spare time.

Bella- Lynn come play with us.

Calum- yeah come play with us.

Calum was Bellas best friend. Mother says it's safe to say they'll be married when they're older. Calum's father is the breadmaker.  And Bellas father is a hunter. Without their families helping us over the years it would be hard for my mother or even me to provide for us.

Lynn- I have to take care for the animals children you know I'd rather be playing with you though. 

Bella- then come play.

Lynn - I can't. You'll understand why when you're older.

Bella - goodbye Lynn we will see you after while.

Calum- goodbye Lynn have a splendid day.

Lynn - I'll try.

I watched them run away and wished I was them for they had nothing to worry about.  The days of court when I use to dream of being with Ian and not having to worry about anything but my chores were the days I use to envy.

Being able to stare at Ian's blue eyes and run my fingers through his dark brown hair was only a dream though. A long with his kindness towards me. 

My mother and I thought things would change the moment he got back and found out what his uncle did but he didn't. He didn't even seem to notice.

Being poor and lower class is a blessing now to me because I now know what it means to work for a living and truly cherish something. I wouldn't turn back time for anything even if it meant I could have Ian.

The only thing I would turn back time for would be my father. I miss him terribly and I will never forget that my father gave up his life for someones family who he cared for like his own family and their only family that was left didn't care for us in the end.