Questions of Prom (2-1)

My phone rings and I dive to answer it, having recognized the ringtone for my best friend. I forcefully sit back up and almost fall off my bed as I click to accept the call.

"Hi Ciscooo-aaah!" I tumble backwards into the space between my bed and the wall. "ow." I mutter as I pull the phone back up to my ear, only to hear him dying of laughter.

"Did you just fall off your bed again?" He manages to ask in between his gasping breaths.

"So what if I did?" I narrow my eyes as if I'm glaring right at him and he slowly sobers up.

"Oh man, that's hilarious ever time it happens."

"So, what's up Cisco?" I roll my eyes as I pull myself out of the crevice, rolling back onto my bed and laying on my stomach. Cracking my neck, I absently play with my hair while he responds.

"Oh, right. So, what color should I wear to prom?" I raise an eyebrow at his question. "Uh, I don't know. Why?" This question is a bit random, even for Cisco, even when the prom is quickly approaching.

"Well we have to match duh." He snorts, "So like, seriously Caitlin, what color is your dress?"

"Um, what?" I ask, thinking I heard him wrong.

"Your dress Caitlin. What color is your dress?" He repeats, sounding exasperated with me.

"Well, it's an icy blue." I tell him but pause before continuing, "So, yeah, uh Cisco?"

"Hm?" He hums as I hear the phone shift. He's probably holding it between his shoulder and his head right now and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, so since when are we going to prom together?"

All of the sudden the other side of the line is dead silent and after a moment I pull my phone away from my ear to look and see if he hung up on me. I stare at it in confusion for a moment, seeing that it was still connected, before putting it back by my ear.

"Cisco?" I ask, wondering why he wasn't answering me.

Then suddenly he answers me in a soft whisper I almost think I imagine it. "S***. I forgot to ask you."

Slowly I blink in confusion before registering what he just said and I burst into laughter which cases me to fall off of my bed again. "Ow!" I groan, still laughing.

"Soo...." He chuckles nervously, "Wanna go to prom with me best friend?"

"Of course, I'll go to prom with you Cisco." I accept easily, finally having stopped laughing. "I am so telling this story to people." I declare as I slip off my bed and into my desk chair. Easily I pull up images of the dress and accessories I had picked out and some other options I was considering for various things.

"Awe Caitlin." He groaned.

"Awe Cisco." I tease, "It's hilarious. Admit it. I promise I won't tell anyone but our friends."

"Okay," He groans again, "deal."

I let out another laugh as I scroll through prom information, trying to make decisions. Now that I officially had a "date" I had help to make them. Of course, I had been forcing Cisco to help me with it before this. I mean, what are best friends for?