Always Next Room

Hey Guys," Laura says, sitting at the breakfast table with her friend group.
"Hi," says Jorja, looking into her hands.
"What's wrong?" Laura asks.
The second Laura comes up to the table, "Laurs, you'll never guess what!"
"What is it?" 'Laurs' asks.
"Boys," Aöife sighs while walking into the group, "Whole squad accepted, Its mental"
Laurs was excited. She had always wanted a boyfriend. To feel close to someone.
"Well I'm moving back to Dublin, how you guys getting out," Aöife said.
"Take me with you," Jorja sighs, putting her head in her hands. Laura looked at Laurs, who had a smile on her face imagining what could happen.
"Gonna be a bit difficult for us, mate," Katie said.
"It won't be. Trust me. Just...it'll work out," Laurs said. Jorja loved how Laurs was so nice.
The bell went and the girls slowly walked to class.

A few months later the girls were called out of class to go to an assembly with the boys. Laura and Laurs had never so many attractive boys since going on a YouTube binge in 2015, years ago to the kids. In fact, Laurs was so distracted, she bumped into one of the boys. Shit she thought. "Hey," The boy said, "I'm Brandon," Laurs was in such a trance she forgot to respond, so Brandon asked her, "What's your name?"
"I'm Laura, but my friends call me Laurs 'cause my friend is also called Laura. That's her over there," Laurs gestured towards where Aöife, Laura and Jorja were sitting.
"Cool, that's my friend Io over there, were mates, he only speaks Chinese though," Brandon gestured towards an attractive Chinese boy, now talking to Holly.
"You speak Chinese?" She asked.
"Yeah, My Dads from China and my Moms American"
"You speak American also?" Laurs asked, only now realizing how stupid it was.
Thankfully Brandon took it as a joke.
"Yeah I guess," He laughs, "Here can I have your number?"
"Yeah, sure" Laurs gave Brandon her number and he wrote it on his hand.
Jorja ended up sitting beside the boy in assembly, she saw the phone number on his hands and immediantly recognized it as Laurs.
"Hey," Brandon spoke to Laura.
"Player!" Jorja shouted, "How dare you cheat on my wee Laura"
"I just said Hey..." Brandon said, but it was too late, in a fit of jealousy Jorja threw her Lucozade over Brandon.
She whispered, "Laura's MINE not yet, but she will be"
Brandon looked shocked at what had just happened.

"Who is ---that" Io said, making an effort to use all the English he had been taught. Just the basics. Stuff a toddler would know. It was hard enough he was talking to a pretty girl, never mind one who only spoke English.
"Her name is..." Holly paused to see if Io understood. He nodded, "Jorja"
"She does not like my friend, Brandon," Io said slowly.
Katie sighed. Right now she wished she wasn't attached to Holly, a player with the boys. A minute ago she had made Katie very jealous by talking to an attractive Dubliner called Logan Maìrtìns. Katie instantly liked Logan, and tried to join the conversation but Holly, who was more confident, kept her out.
Katie didn't like this though. Nearly half an hour of talking to a kid who didnt even speak fluent English. She sighed loudly so Holly would hear her.