| 2 |:| Life As It Is |

"You look out of it." Sarah placed a gentle hand on mine her dark brown eyebrows scrunched in concern.

I looked up from my picked apart cheeseburger. "Oh," I grunted.

"You not eating? That's weird." Geo took a seat next to me a pile of nachos, cheese, meat, and any other topping one could think of were piled on her plate. For some unknown reason she loved nacho day. I couldn't get over the brown clump they called meat.

"Ladies." Rob Manning, my not so secret long time crush, winked at us. I sighed annoyed by the fluttering of my heart. His friends Dave Giles, Chad VanBurre and Damien Jensen followed with a hello and filled the rest of our table.

Rob and I have been cool, hanging out in similar circles since middle school, but I never had the balls to ask him out. He never had enough interest to ask me out so there I was, stuck.

I looked up at Geo whose eyes were following after Dave. "Are you emprinting him into your memory G?" We all laughed.

Georgina glared at me. "You've no right to talk punk."

I grimaced and turned my attention back to my burger. I told Geo in a spur the moment Mrs. McDowell is gone moment that I would ask Rob out. I was under duress it couldn't count right!

"You're chickening out aren't you?" Courtney whipped her long fire red hair behind her shoulder as she dumped dressing on her salad.

"No!" I sank down when everyone looked at me. "It's just stupid." I whispered.

"You like him I don't see what the issue is." Courtney raised a well groomed eyebrow. "Personally I don't get it. The boys at our school just aren't interesting to me." She faked a yawn.

Geo rolled her eyes shoving a nacho in her mouth.

"I still don't think I should be held accountable for something I said while grieving the passing of a dear friend." I kept picking at my burger.

"Sounds like a cop out to me." Geo mumbled with a mouth full of nacho.

"Just because you made the dance team doesn't mean you can't get benched." Rachel Himrick batted her bright blue eyes at Geo. Rachel eyed Geo's tray with her lip curled up before she brought her eyes back to Geo. "If you don't get those legs up during the kicks even Melissa Jenkins won't be able to save you."

For some reason Rachel had it out for Geo ever since middle school. Now that Geo made the school dance team, against Rachel's wishes, Geo's been dealing with the wrath of Rachel the Reaper. "What do you think Leslie?" Rachel looked over at her friend slash grinder monkey. Leslie had been following Rachel around since she popped out of her mother's womb. Geo rolled her eyes looking up from under her long dark lashes. It didn't make sense how Rachel was able to make Geo retract inside herself.

For heaven's sake Geo was in martial arts, wrestling, and track she could no doubt take Rachel, but for whatever reason she seemed to regress back to middle school sixth grade when Rachel started terrorizing her. "No thunder thighs in our outfits Rach." Leslie added and the two girls laughed uproariously as they made their way to the other end of the table closest to Rob and his friends.

"Sometimes Geo I really hate that girl." I took a big bite of my burger watching Rachel sit between two other girls at the other end of the table.

"I wouldn't understand why." Sarah glanced up at us from under her dark lashes. Our eyes met and all four of us laughed.

"Geo, you're going to help me study for the math quiz right?" I pushed the tray away uninterested.

"Yeah sure. Shouldn't be too hard. Call me I'll walk you through the review from last class."