17.

King

I looked down at Ember as she laid her head in my lap, fast asleep

Even after all the fucked up shit I told her, she still here fa a nigga. That's how you kno' she gon always be by side. That's how I kno' she really and truly loves me.

I kno' if I would've told Kristin some shit like dat and pushed her, I wouldn't see her ass fa a week...maybe more.

I sighed as so many thoughts raced through my mind. I can't believe I didn't kno' about the shit my "father" was doin' ta Ember. I blame myself for it. How could I not notice it? What the hell was I thinkin'? I kno' it had ta be a reason why she sometimes would come into my room and cry herself ta sleep. That's really fuckin' with me.

She don't want me ta hurt him but fuck dat shit. He asked fa it. It had my blood boilin' when she told me how it all started.

Ember stretched her arms out above her head before looking at me. "Hey," she said in a sleepy voice.

"Wassup?" I said, looking directly into her deep brown eyes.

"You okay? I know a lot is on your mind right now."

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm still takin' everything in."

"How's Kristin doing?" she asked, sitting completely up.

"She not showin' any progress yet. I'm still prayin' fa her and dat she make it through this. Even though I done her down bad, she still my wife. I still love her, yunno?"

"Of course I do. Why would you marry her if you didn't?" she said, tossin' her lips to the side.

"So, you gon ever tell me about them lil niggas you use ta fuck with in college? Since you stop hittin' me up and everything."

She chuckled before putting her legs under her bottom to sit on them. "Well, there was only two. The only thing I liked about them was the fact that they were cute. Yeah, they were nice guys but they weren't you. My problem was I kept trying to turn them into you. It was stupid, I know."

"Sure was. I'm the one and only," I chuckled.

"Whatever. You had any girlfriends in college?"

"I had one my last year of college. Ion kno' what the hell I was thinkin'. Yeah, she was a lil cutie but she didn't have any brains. I'm still tryna figure out how the hell she got into college," I said, earnin' a laugh from Ember.

"She was that dumb?"

"Dumb as hell, I swear. I ain't never seen anything like it," I said, smiling ta myself.