02.

LYANNA

After just over a month on the kingsroad with little sleep, I'm relieved to be shown to my chambers. A Winterfell servant and Arya lead me to the living quarters, Robb is no longer with us and I find myself wondering where he's escaped to. The thought of his dark auburn curls and piercing blue eyes make my heart race.

When the heavy oak door to my chamber is opened I nearly squeal at the sight of the feather bed, all I want is to sleep.

Ribald enters the chamber immediately to ensure it is safe of any threat.

"The feast will be served later this evening and will be announced by a bugle. If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to have one of your maids ask me or any of the other servants." The middle aged woman smiles before taking her leave and disappearing around the corridor. Arya, however, is still rooted to my side.

She looks up at me, her childish eyes wide with delight. "Shall we go on that tour now?" She asks.

"All clear, your grace." Ribald tells me as he exits the room. I give him a nod of appreciation before turning back to the young Stark.

"Oh, Arya." I start and my heart breaks as I watch her face fall in disappointment. I push my exhaustion aside, wanting to make her happy. "Let me just bathe and change first. I've been in these clothes far too long."

"Ok." She grins. Arya makes her way into my room, jumping on the bed to wait.

I smile, shaking my head at her enthusiasm as I close my door. I hear Vettius and Ribald move to stand guard in front of it.

Odette draws my bath while Emlyn begins to unpack the cases which have already been brought up. I step into the washroom and Ameria helps me undress.

As my body submerges beneath the hot water I feel my tight muscles begin to loosen. "How are you holding up, Princess Lyanna?" Ameria asks as she begins to wash my long locks.

"Exhausted and terribly nervous." I answer, thinking of what I've escaped in King's Landing and what's expected of me here in this new life at Winterfell.

She looks to Arya, who is swinging her legs over the edge of my bed and nods in understanding that no more can be said at the moment.

Emlyn then enters the room with fresh undergarments and a new gown. It's light blue, the color of the sky during the spring, with gold beading and again long sleeves. Although there's no snow on the ground yet it feels as though there could be any day.

"Lord Stark's son sure is handsome." Emlyn says and I'm not certain if she's referring to Robb or Jon.

Ameria chimes in as she opens the thick cloth sheet and motions for me to stand. I do and she wraps the soft material around my body. "I think he fancies you, your grace. He couldn't keep his eyes off you."

"Are you talking about Robb?" Arya jumps off my bed and makes her way into the washroom, ignoring my lack of clothing. Odette follows closely behind her, not wanting to miss this conversation.

Ameria nods. "Indeed I am, Lady Arya."

The youngest Stark girl grins at my handmaiden and Odette takes another cloth from the vanity and begins to rub the water from my hair in an attempt to make it dry faster.

I look at them all in disbelief. "We spent all of ten minutes together. There's no way he could have feelings for me already."

"Your wrong!" Arya shouts, shaking her head; she then realizes she's yelled at me and looks contrite. "I'm sorry, Princess Lyanna but I know my brother; he doesn't allow himself to get close to many people. He takes his duties as the next Lord of Winterfell very seriously and the way he was looking at you is proof that he feels connected to you."