Episode 13

5BBY
Utapau

"Bat! An imperial pilot is here. He came here in a shuttle. Alone. He says he needs help." A Pau'an soldier tells Bat as he walks into the command center.

"Bring him here." Bat orders.

Ian, Wesley and Four look at each other and Bat around the command center and wait patiently as 2 Pau'an soldiers march a man in a Tie fighter pilot uniform in.

"Remove his helmet." Bat says and the Pau'ans take his helmet off.

A brown haired man looks up at Bat.

"Rebels." He says.

"Who are you?" Bat asks.

"My name is Jon Vander." The pilot says.

"Jon Vander?" Commander Mora asks as he walks in.

"Huh?" Jon turns around to look at the Onderonian commander.

"Jon!" Mora yells.

"You 2 know each other?" Bat asks.

"Hell yeah. We're old friends. He's a fellow Onderonian." Mora says.

"Why are you here?" Four asks Jon.

"The empire asked something of me I couldn't do. I realized that the empire was not the place for me. So I left." Jon says.

"What made you realize that?" Wesley asks.

"They asked me to bomb my home planet, Onderon. I couldn't. I faked a malfunction in my Fighter and I escaped. I made my way here before the shuttle ran out of fuel and crashed in the plains. I walked the rest of the way here." Jon says.

"You a good pilot?" Ian asks.

"Yeah I'm a good pilot." Jon says.

"Could you help us hone our flying skills?" Bat asks.

"I suppose so. What kinda ships you got?" Jon asks.

"A mix. We're more acquainted with Y-wings and bombers though." Bat tells him.

"I can work with you." Jon says.

"Let him go." Wesley tells the Pau'ans and they release him from his binders.

"You sure we can trust you?" Bat asks.

"Yes sir." Jon nods.

Bat nods to him.

"Alright. Mora, you're responsible for him." Bat says.

"Copy that." Mora says and he and Jon walk off.

"That was an odd way to start off the day." Four hisses.

"I have a feeling it'll only get odder." Bat says.

A few hours pass and Bat walks outside where Jon was standing around with the other Onderonian pilots that was already a part of the squad.

"General Spacespawn, has tasked me with training you how to fly. Let's start out with basic fighters first before we move onto things like bombers and interceptors." Jon says.

"Ian, you're up first. Show him what you can do." Bat tells Ian and pats him in the back as he walks past.

"Ian. Nice to meet you." Jon says and shakes Ian hand and they walk over to 2 parked X-wing fighters.

"What do you know about flying?" He asks.

"I know quite a bit. I was a pilot in the clone war and I flew Y-wings and V-19s many times along with my Jedi starfighter." Ian tells him.