6 - FAQ

Here are some frequently asked questions about asexuality. 

Am I asexual? 

The definition of asexual is "someone who does not experience sexual attraction or desires." But only you can know which label best suits you. If you feel that asexual best describes you, you may identify as asexual. 

Why would asexuals want or need to come out anyway? 

The misconception that asexuals are "basically straight" is not true. We need more visibility so that things like this don't come out from Narnia. 

Some feel the need to come out because in a lot of situations, they're expected to be sexual. If they pretend to be sexual, it's a similar feeling of being closeted as a gay person would feel pretending to be straight. Some asexuals feel relief after coming out as asexual. 

Coming out is your own personal choice and if you don't want to, you don't have to. 

Why do we need an asexual community? 

Some people might decide that an asexual community isn't important to them, but to asexuals, it's super important. 

I think that we need an asexual community so that asexuals around the world can communicate with each other and connect to each other so that asexual people don't have to feel broken or alone. An asexual community can also benefit sexuals because it can teach them things from the experiences of asexuals. 

Does being asexual mean I'll always be lonely? 

Nope! Not at all. You can always live with a friend, or if you want, you can adopt a child. You could even spend your life with a dozen cats if that's how you want to go. 

Some people are willing to date an asexual knowing that sex may or may not be involved. Don't give up hope! 

Source: AVEN FAQ 

if I should add another question I should add, let me know.