Prologue

Hey! What's up?
__________________
No one's POV

The time is after the Great War. Natsu ended up defeating and destroying his brother, Zeref, and everything started to go back to how it once was. But Natsu, the famous salamander, has a problem. That only one person can solve. He's..........

Natsu's POV

I walk down the ridged path with Happy flying ahead; excited to go home. I look up at the sky, and take a deep breath and exhale. The sun beats down on us as I walk and as Happy flies. I feel like a ton of bricks. The war did a number on me. Everyone was pretty beaten up, but we stayed strong, and whooped some evil asses. But the fight with Zeref. I can't believe I had to destroy my own brother. The only family in blood I had, but thank god I have fairy tail.

As we follow the trail to our run down house, I'm left to my thoughts. I look back down, and stare at my walking feet. Every 7 years after 14, I know is.......
(If you didn't know just scroll down)
.......
.....
.....
......
......
......
......
......
......
.......
......
.....
.......
.....
.....
.....
Fire Dragon mating season. The dangerous season for dragons, Dragon Slayers and also their mates. Igneel never told me about, but I found out anyway when I was 14. I could feel the urge to hold and protect someone. You don't have to "mate" with them yet, but you do have to mark them. But sadly I didn't have my mate yet. Which wasn't good for me at all. Ya see, when you're a Dragon Slayer and are aging your powers will increase. Your powers will increase so much that your body needs to be able to control that new power. So really if I had marked my mate, then I would be much stronger, but ya see how that turned out. Also if ya haven't marked and mated, by when your 21, then your body will start to crumble away. Kind of dramatic don't ya think?

Many people tried suggesting Lisanna, but she was just a good friend and nothing more. I mean don't get me wrong I love her she's my nakama, but not my mate, and I've never thought of her as a mate. Your mate is destined to be with you forever, and Lissanna wasn't that person destined to be with me by fate.

I know who my mate is. I've always known. I had many dreams when I was younger about a girl with long golden blond hair. But her face was always blurry, so I never could make out her face. When I did meet her, I felt some sort of electric shock go through my body. She was different, special, unique. I felt like I just had to protect her. I wasn't exactly sure how to save the girl with golden blond hair, but I ended up succeeding anyway. When I took her to my home, the guild, I hadn't realized that she was my mate. I finally realized after 10 stinking years, including the 7 year gap.

My nakama. My best friend. One of the most strongest and strangest girls I've ever known. She's kind, sweet, and gentle; when she wants to be. Even though I've probably made her life a living hell. With me sneaking into her apartment. Stealing all her food, and always sleeping in her bed. Yet she still treats me kindly. Except maybe those kicks. A chuckle shakes my body. But I most likely earned those. The girl I have sworn to protect. The girl I had a crush on. The girl I love. The blond, beautiful, celestial mage Lucy Heartfilia.

The only problem is I don't know if she even likes me like that. I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't even know about love. Ha what's love?! So what happens if she does reject me?! I actually know about this stuff, so I'll be hurt if she does! I know I'm Natsu Dragneel. The one who isn't scared of anything or anyone, but I'm scared of rejection. How pathetic. It makes me sick each time I think about it. It's only normal, but if you haven't guessed I'm not normal! I guess I should be scared though because if the mate rejects you, you will slowly be eaten from the inside out from a broken heart. In other words..... I. Would. Be. Dead.

My 21st birthday is in a week. If I don't have my mate by then well you know what happens.

I look back up and see the house is in view. I see Happy speed up and fly into the window.

I wait a few seconds and...........

"WHERE'S ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I chuckle and shake my head.

"Never changes eh?" I say to myself, and groan.

"Why didn't we go to Luce's again? Oh yeah she wanted some time to her self. That war did some damage to her too. I should have just stayed and made sure she was safe and okay. But she gave me that evil glare again."

"Stupid war. Making everyone tired." I grumble and groggily walk up the stairs to the small porch we have and look around. Food wrappers, cans, bowls, forks, etc. Home sweet home messy as always. I sigh and step inside. This is gonna be a long day.

?????? POV
So the salamander's inner dragon has chosen the celestial mage. I look at the pink haired bastard and growl. That stupid bastard has the girl I want, no, need. I stay hidden in the bush for a while pondering my options of action. I brush a tuff of my red orange hair out of the way and sigh. Not very many plans of action. I sniff the air searching for Natsu's scent. But then I smirk. Well I can tell/smell that he hasn't claimed his mate yet. So I'll just take the girl by force and make her mine before this asshole does. I stay hidden and make sure that no one will hear me. I dart out of the bush and sprint in the direction of  "home". Trees and houses fly past me.

Lucy Heartfilia watch out because you now have two Dragon Slayers after you.
____________________________________________________________
I know I know it's a short chapter, but it's a prologue so I have an excuse!! So I'm really tired now because I'm writing at what 1:00 am😅😇. So imma go to bed. Biiiiii!!!
1079 words