Chapter 10: A Fire Angel

Hey chickies!! I'm back for another update!! It's been awhile hasn't it? Well I decided since I updated "What If??" my melizabeth fanfic the other day, so I need to update here too!
And I need to apologize as most of you have probably noticed I'm really bad about updating in the summer. I think it's because school isn't going on and I don't have much of a schedule. But guess what?! School starts in like a week and a couple days! So that means a lot more updates AAAAAND maybe a new book!!
Also I have entered this book into the Rarity Awards!! Yay!! So I hope I get something out of this I know I'm not the greatest writer but I'm trying.
But first this update! Enjoy!
_________________________________
Word count: 1583 words
~Natsu

   Lucy and I walk down a enclosed pathway full of trees to Magnolia. Her blond hair, some parts of her hair shine due to the light coming through the trees, and it makes it look almost glowing. Her long hair goes down to her waist, like just recently, and I have to hold my breath.

  'It looks so soft and..'

  We keep walking down the path and we come to the end of the trees. For a minute it's just bright whiteness that greets me and I have to close my eyes. When I open them I see two chocolate brown orbs sparkling in front  of me. Lucy's smiling such a cute smile and again I'm forced to hold myself back. They pull me into a trance and who knows who long I was staring at them.

  I finally take notice to the hand waving in front of my face. I shake my head and smile to her. Lucy giggles and a small blush comes to her cheeks. My smile brightens. She smiles back and she starts forward again. I run to her side and grab her hand. She turns to me and I lift her hand in mine. I gently kiss the top of her hand right where guild mark is. Her breath hitches in her throat, but I don't mind planting another one right beside it. When I pull away, I still her hand in mine. I look to her face and she's almost as red as Erza's hair.

  "Not used to the affection?" I laugh and she lightly hits me with her other hand.

  "O-of course not! I've never..." she trails off and I nod with a small smile knowing full well what she was going to say. I pull her arm making her come closer. I look at her with a monotone expression and I just bring her closer and closer.

  "N-natsu?" What-" I stop her mid sentence by pressing my lips to hers. Being mates the kiss feels nothing like something else. Sparks seem to fly off of us and almost like electricity flowing from my lips to hers every time she touches them, bringing shocks all over my body. The mate bond is very strong for the Dragon Slayer making it almost impossible to stay away from their mate. As for the mate it's just falling in love just like a regular person. But when the Dragon Slayer and mate have their first kiss that's when it all starts. It's painful for the mate or the Dragon Slayer to be away from their mate. Physically and mentally painful.

I part from her and she gasps for breath. I look in her chocolate brown orbs, and I remember what happened...

~Flashback~

  "Come at me! Gimme all you got!" I shouted. Hikari, the wanna be Dragon Slayer, comes at me. His flames..wait flames?!

  "Your telling me, you have flames too?!" I roar. I see him smirk and I feel a tick mark appear on my forehead.

  "Really, Dragneel? You couldn't tell already?" He says with a hint of annoyance.

"No I could only tell about your light magic. Why do you have two?!" I shout and he stops, which give me an opportunity.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!!" I shout. My fist goes straight for his face, but he stops it mid air.

"Tsk." I frown and jump back.