Chapter 9: The Court

Tord felt as if time was slowing down. He watched as Tom doubled over in pain, clutching his face. Eventually, time slowed to a stand still. The world shimmered a blue color. Tord looked at Kash, whose wounds were still trying to heal themselves. He looked at his bloodied hands.

"Tom..."

Suddenly, the world around him spun at dizzying speeds. He and Kash were the only ones left motionless. His vision darkened significantly.

'No. Oh no. This again?!' 

He was suddenly dazzled by a bright light. Blinking, he stared around. Just as he thought. The masked figures.

The Court.

~*~

Tord' s breath caught in his throat. They had finally decided to make a show of themselves.

The question was, why hadn't they done this in the first place?

His snapped his head up when Kash moved forward. He looked nervous and downtrodden. Officially cowed.

"Great Council, I-I'm sorry, I didn't succeed-"

Kash was cut off by the biggest apparition raising its hand. "We realize now that you were inadequate for this job. This simple, itty bitty job." The masked figure laughed dryly.

Kash looked down at the floor. He muttered an apology again.

The figure shifted toward Tord. "Now, for the real reason we have gathered here in the Now."

Tord flinched as he felt the hidden gazes fixate on him. He wished he was back with Tom.

"Tord Larsson has broken many rules in the past, do we all agree?"

A hushed murmer of aknowledgment spread through the crowd. A few even nodded.

"Oh yes, he has had a harmful touch to several children or insulted them. He has abandoned some in their moment of need-"

Louder words, this time laced with outrage.
The lead council guy raised his hand again for silence.

"Yes. He has done terrible things, and yet we forgave him. He had many, many, maaaannnyyy chances to change his behavior.
But he didn't. He didn't heed our multiple warnings we gave. No, he made an even worse move." The guy went silent for a second. Tord swore he could here him say 'Pause for effect'.
"He broke the number one rule and then proceeded to harm the child, now turned lover. That is a great taboo."

Screams of anger burst from the crowd. Tord hung his head in shame.

"Do you have anything to say, Mr. Larsson?"

Tord lifted his head again.

"In my defense, humans do that all the time-"

"We are not human!" The council guy's voice rose. He took a breath, "We are more... um... we are less emotionally bound than humans. We don't waste time like that. We help humans through their emotional struggles. We are in that way more advanced."

Tord frowned. He didn't feel advanced.

"So, if you have no further arguments....." The guy began, he turned away from Tord, "Take him away."

The crowd of higher ranked imagineers surged forward, grabbing at his arms.
Tord felt panic rising in his stomach as a realization hit him.

He was headed to the Holding Chamber.

//Well there we have it folks.
I thought this was getting close to over, but then I thought "eXTEND THE STORY"
So now there will be even more chapters than expected.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
K bye//