The 5 Times Bree Caught Conner Looking At Her

Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize. Quotes are from Chris Colfer's A Grimm Warning.

***

1.

"Mr. Bailey, Miss Campbell, will you please come over?" Ms. York asked.

Ms. York's English class was the last class of the day, Bree and Conner stayed behind because Ms. York wanted to talk with them.

Conner was flustered that Bree was standing right next to him. He was afraid that she could feel the heat radiating off him.

"Mr. Bailey, I'm here to talk about your book report on To Kill a Mockingbird."

Conner gulped. "Uh, yeah, I knew I wrote that "One of the saddest parts about this book is that a girl is named Scout" but I honestly felt like that!"

Bree snickered. Conner felt himself turn red for no reason whatsoever. Is she laughing because she thinks I'm ridiculous? Or is she laughing because she thinks I have a sense of humor?

"I- I know that sounded stupid, and I'll try to write about something else, like how people are discriminated, or... or how an innocent man was killed, and probably-"

"Mr. Bailey, you're rambling." Ms. York said. Conner turned even redder, if it was possible.

Shut up! Conner yelled at himself. You just had to make a fool of yourself! Especially in front of Bree! He caught Bree listening to his and Ms. York's conversation with amusement. Stop thinking about Bree too! What is wrong with me!

"Ms. York, I guess... I guess I'll try to write it in a different approach," Conner scratched his head awkwardly. "Honestly, I wasn't trying to be funny!"

"Very well, Mr. Bailey." Ms. York nodded. Then she turned over to Bree. "And Miss Campbell..."

"Oh, here's the work I forgot to submit," Bree smoothly handed over a piece of paper. "Ms. York, I'm terribly sorry."

"It's fine. Just don't do it again."

Conner stared at Bree in awe. It amazed him that she was always so calm, compared to him stuttering and rambling... he felt like an idiot.

She must think I'm an idiot too. Conner thought rather dejectedly.

"Do you mind if you help me move these books to the library?" Ms. York gestured to the pile beside her.

"Not really," Bree said, taking some books.

"Uh, I'll help too." Conner said hastily. He didn't want Bree to see him as a lazy person.

Gosh, just stop doing that! Conner yelled to himself. Why do you care so much about a girl's thoughts? She's just a random girl!

The books were piled up high, so high they nearly couldn't see over them. Conner peered out from his stack to avoid colliding with somebody. Luckily, it was after school and many of the students had left already.

But that didn't stop Conner from performing clumsy antics...

There was something weird about Conner Bailey.

Bree heard that his sister Alex liked to hug books in the library. It puzzled her because she knew Alex was the top student of her grade. She also noticed that Conner had weird outbursts in lessons.

Bree thought Conner was very clumsy because everytime she saw him he either knocked something over or tripped himself. Then he would stand up, face all red, probably because of embarrassment.