A Spiders Web and a Willows Shade

Chapter 8 Gifts like no others

When I ran into the woods I felt like I was on fire. I latterly had a fire in my eyes. I let out a scream as I began to cry. Who would say that to someone I thought, but then I remembered that Flash is a jerk. I began to smell smoke. I turned around to see part of the woods in flames. What the fuck I thought as I looked at my hands that had fire on them. I hit them on the ground, but the fire on my hands wouldn’t go out. Instead the ground around me was on fire. The fire was crawling up my legs. The wired thing is my legs didn’t burn, they were fine. That’s when I realized I had caused the fire without using a match, but my anger.  I heard screaming from peers and I heard a fire truck. I had to get out of there and fast.

I didn’t know how to get out. Then all of a sudden I began hovering and that hovering turned into flying. The fire truck got to the woods as soon as I left. Which was a good thing, if I would have been found in there; it wouldn’t have been good for me. I looked at my body once I got back to the school, the fire was gone and I didn’t smell like smoke.

“Where were you?” Peter asked me franticly, it looked like he was very worried for me.

“In the bathroom.” I said. After I said that Peter hugged me. I was a little surprised at first, but then I wrapped my arms around him.

“I was worried you were in there.”

“In where?” I ask, playing stupid, but Peter not knowing didn’t know I was playing stupid.

“In the woods,” Peter said pointing the woods up in flames. It was in that moment I realized how bad I destroyed the woods. If anyone found out I’d be toast. There was one person I was going to tell. That person, my Uncle Phil Coulson of S.H.E.L.D. who deals with weird stuff like this all the time. The only thing I was wondering was if he has ever dealt with a mutant.