Chapter 18

"Higher."

"I'm trying!"

"You're not doing it, Fiore."

"Shut up!"

Fiore stopped what she was doing and groaned as a result of her frustration. Colonello watched her walk to a nearby tree before punching it.

Everyone stopped and watched her. Fiore had been stressed out from the dream since it's been repeating itself every time she falls asleep. It's to the point that she remembers it at the back of her mind. Takeshi cringed when he saw blood on her knuckles. It dripped onto the ground as the clouds started to get darker. Alfred, Marco and Max were home since Reborn told them to. Ignazio, who stayed here since their father came by, rushed to his sister's side when he noticed the blood. Ryohei too. Lal raised a brow at Fiore's sudden outburst. Tsuna also went to her side.

"Sorry, I was just a bit stressed these days." She gave a sheepish smile which seemed like it was forced. Even Tsuna could see it. Scratch that, even Kyoko and Haru could see that. She waited until Ryohei finished before giving an apology to Colonello. They all continued training but not without a worrying thought of the pale girl.

During a break, Fiore was sleeping a bit further from everyone else. Takeshi decided to speak up, "What do you think she's been doing this past week?" Nobody answered which made them suddenly doubt her. "Even I don't know what she's been doing." Ignazio said. It made everyone more curious. They looked at the sleeping girl with worry and came up with a plan. She doesn't know what's coming for her soon.
---
"So what's all this?"

Fiore asked as she sat down in the dojo. Takeshi's training dojo, to be precise. Today was supposed to be the day they play baseball but it was suddenly changed to be a chill day. Defining chill; sit down around the dojo and talk or sleep and rest.

She looked around and seemed restless. "So when are we going to play baseball?" She asked again. But no one answered. Then Takeshi's father came and gave out sushi bento to everyone presented. Fiore seemed very indifferent because she was sitting at the corner. And next to her is Daemon Spade, eyeing everyone. And also the cause of her restless demeanour. Why the heck are you here, Daemon? She asked in a worried tone. He smirked and ignored her before casting his flames onto her to make her sleepy. You son of a-

Fiore suddenly fell asleep which made everyone wonder why and how. But nonetheless made her comfortable by laying a futon.

After a few hours, most of them woke up and saw that Fiore was shifting in her sleep. Takeshi went next to her to cast his flame so that she would calm down but before he could, Fon said not to disturb her. "But it's obviously a nightmare." Tsuna reasoned. He shook his head, "We might find out more about her." Then everyone suddenly got surprised when Reborn pulled out his gun. "Time to wake up." He said before almost shooting the poor girl awake. Tsuna pulled Reborn aside and Lal poked her arm. With every disturbance, Fiore still couldn't wake. But the sound of the trigger on Reborn's gun woke her up. She shot up with a glare. Several seconds passed before her expression neutralised. Groaning, she held her head. "What time is it?" Tsuna answered and she nodded. Ignazio watched her carefully. A calculating look occupied his eyes. Then she got up, "I'm going to go for a walk."

Carefully, she sneaked away from the people following her and into the forest. She hid in a bush, waiting for everyone to walk away from the area. Apparently everyone had followed her for some apparent reason.

When no one was left, she quickly ran to a direction far in the distance. Fiore sighed and went in a cave that connected to a meadow on the other side.

"Safe."

"Not really."

Fiore flinched when the voice spoke. She turned back to see the Storm Arcobaleno walking up to her. She gulped, "How long were you there?" He smiled softly, "A while."

"I've always noticed that you were always sneaking about at night. But you were always back before anyone woke up. Why is that?" She laughed nervously as she backed away. Fon kept taking big steps to match her pace. She finally stopped and looked around as if she was looking at other people. Fon remained calm and looked at her. "Um, I'm actually training..?" She said, unsure of herself. Then she looked flustered then annoyed. The cycle continued itself until Fiore had enough. "Would you people just stop it? Fon's here looking at me as if I've grown two heads!" She shouted. She looked at him, determination sparked her eyes. "If it hurts, tell me." She approached him carefully and the Storm stayed still. Her hands were placed in front of him. "Can you transform into your adult self?" She asked but the latter shook his head. For Reborn, it was easier to transform back into an adult because the Vongola technicians are there. But only for a limited amount of time. She took his hands before a spark appeared in her hands. She focused hard enough to emit flames.

White flames.

Fon has never seen anything like it in his entire life. So he was captivated until a puff of smoke appeared around himself. He remained on guard but he felt soft tender hands in his. He shook his head as the smoke cleared. A figure stood in front of him, he realised that it was Fiore. She looked up at him as he looked down at her. They exchanged gazes, "How did you do that?" He asked, while in the midst of being speechless.

"My flames are different than everyone's. It can either heal or destroy." She said carefully, not wanting to freak out the Storm. He eyed her, "I've only heard stories of white flames. I can't believe that they're real. It's so surreal." He mumbled. She shrugged and let go of his hands. "You've been training to use your flames all these times," she nodded. "Who are you training with?" That's when she immediately tensed.

"Promise not to freak out?" He raised a brow in confusion. "Take a deep breath and close your eyes." He did as told. "Now open them." She waved her hand in front of his eyes, lightly transferring some flames to them. He opened them to see the First Generation standing right in front of him. Again, he was speechless and shocked.

Fiore waited for him to calm down, which he did surprisingly fast before beginning to explain to him what was happening with the first generation interrupting from time to time. Fon took in all the information but was having trouble to understand a lot of what they were saying because G had started shouting at Asari. "They certainly are the First Generation of Vongola." He said and the teal haired girl couldn't agree more.

"Since you know about this now, I'm asking for a favor." The Storm looked at her before smiling, "Not to tell anyone?" She sighed in relief. After that, Fiore got up to continue training and Fon talking with the rest of the First Generation.
---

The training ended and everyone went back to their designated places, which are the Vongola rings or weapons the Tenth Generation uses now or in Fiore's case, home.

The walk back was quiet and Fon was walking next to Fiore in his adult form. "It's nice to be able to walk like this again. It's as though the curse never happened." He smiled to himself. "Even for a short limited of time." He continued. Fiore had told him that he wouldn't be able to stay in that form for long because her flames are still weak. A puff of smoke appeared again then appeared a small Storm Arcobaleno. They both looked at each other in surprise before the girl picked him up. "Where are you staying, I'll send you back." Fon chuckled, "I should be saying that to you."

They laughed as the sky above them shone brighter than ever.

TBC...