Chapter 20: Asshole

Wolfies pov

"Where?" Bruce asks, breaking the moment of stunned silence as he finished my arm. Sighing, I nod in thanks to him before hopping off the table and managing to make my way out of the room and into another where I began to fix me a drink, an alcoholic one at that.

Due to me being inhuman and part wolf, I could still easily hear the conversation going on in the next room between everyone.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." I hear Clint say as I pour some liquor into a shot glass.

"If we're wrong about you, you're the monster that Ultron made you be..." Steve slowly trails off

"What will you do?" Vision asks before it clicks. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's in pain and that will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence, we have to act now." Vision rants and I walk back in, sitting on the lab table.

"And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Suddenly Thor's hammer is in Vision's hand and he gives it to said God before walking out. 

 "Right." I slip off the table and walk past Stark with a monotone face. "Well done," I say emotionless.  

"Three minutes. Get what you need," Steve says and I give him a two finger salute. 

I go to the spare room I'd been using and grab a duffel bag, shoving in all the weapons I had plus a change of clothes for a male and female. I quickly change into an old pair of clothes I still had from my old days at the tower, a t-shirt, ripped jeans, leather jacket, beanie, and combat boots along with my black bag of weapons.  

Sighing, I start on my way to the quinjet and take a seat near the window, an arm resting on my knees as I start out the window. Everyone else gets on, me being first, and soon we're taking off. 

"How are you feeling Wolfie?" Bruce asks, looking at me from his seat. 

Out the corner of my eye, I see Wanda and Pietro look over at me, though I choose to ignore it and kept staring out the window. 

"Someone's going to die today, whether it be Ultron, civilians, or hell, even one of us," I say monotone, ignoring the feeling of being watched. 

I knew the others were looking at me and my thoughts were confirmed when Tony bursts. 

"Can you just stop with the whole overdramatic thing? We've all been through shit, stop feeling sorry for yourself! At least we didn't run from it, we faced it like actual humans. Maybe you're too much of a careless monster to get that." He snaps and I calmly look over. 

I see everyone tense up as I stand calmly, Pietro and Wanda are confused though, and I start taking slow steps towards Tony. 

"I don't feel sorry for myself, Stark. I feel sorry for everyone else here because the shit they went through got them in this situation. Everyone here went through something normal people didn't and that's how they got on this damned team. A team with an asshole like you, with an asshole like me. " My voice is deadly calm though my demeanor changes. 

I shift into half wolf form and my eyes are a brighter color of yellow, pupils slits, and I can feel my claws digging into the palms of my hands. 

"I did not run from my problems, I didn't run from anything. I was trying to protect you all. I knew I was a monster, I still am. But now I've learned to accept that, Slayer and I have become one. I left because I was sorry that you all had to deal with me, with the fact that I betrayed you guys, with the fact that I wasn't the girl you first knew me as. I left because I knew that I need to work myself out and I did," Taking a breath, I release my fists, blood beading on my palms. 

"I left because guilty and full of regret." My demeanor softens, "Because I was afraid of what you all thought of me. You giving me up, Tony, hurt a lot more than when I found out you'd used me in the beginning when you adopted me. I've changed now though, I'm still that monster I was only years ago and I'll always be. Just like you'll always be the asshole who people can't stand yet still love," I finish my rant and step back. 

"People change Stark and I've gotten everything I need to off my chest. I've forgiven myself and I've forgiven you. You're the only one here still hanging onto the past," With that, I sit back in my seat, still in half wolf form. 

I watch the clouds and as everything below changes. We were closer to Sokovia now and this time, I was ready. I was ready for whatever came at me because this time I'd make sure if anyone were to die, it wouldn't be someone I cared about.