five

jisoo

"Now pretend as if you haven't lived a day with your hands off of me."

"Wha-wait a second..."

I was pulled to his side in seconds, an arm being possessive slung around my shoulders. "Go along with it," He commanded through clenched teeth.

"Oppa." A high pitched, foreign voice said from beside us.

My head snapped up to look at the owner of the voice that didn't belong to Taehyung. As I took in her frame, I looked back at him and right then and there I was sure that he was definitely the person I had thought of him. Yes, the boy in front of me was tall, muscular. His messy dark hair hidden beneath a beanie. He smiled at me and for a second I forgot how words worked, incapable of processing anything else that he was saying.

But then his hold on me became scorching as he looked his fellow Senior into the eyes, knowing fully well how hers lingered away from his and onto me.

With envy they burned.

I shrugged it off and took a step away but Jennie's gaze never left me.

"Jennie-ssi, did you want something?"

The sly mother of a gun. Every one knew how much she liked him, god she followed him everywhere! Every one knew!

I guess he does too.

Then why was he doing this?

"Who is this?" She asked instead of stating her business with him.

"Ah, Jennie Kim meet Jisoo-yah."

"Jisoo-yah?" She quoted with raised eyebrows, obviously surprised by the absence of any honorifics.

The fire burning within my chest wouldn't die. He was freaking using me right now.

He laughed as the two of us stood awkwardly across from each other, "It's pretty late, I think you should head inside."

Her face dropped and I had to admit it was a little cute. Like an adorable sad kitten after drinking something bitter. Just look at her pouting!

She nodded at him goodbye but not before flashing me the nastiest glare ever.

More like a sour puss.

"Aigoo..." I tsked beneath my breath as she disappeared.

I turned back to Taehyung. Before he could utter a single word regarding this situation I found myself stomping down hard onto his foot and scampering away like a scared mouse.

***

"Sometimes I look back and I wish that things were different."

"What do you mean?"

"I wish I hadn't met you."

He kept breathing steadily behind me, his hands stuffed into his pockets, back pressed against the gym wall, and I knew the wheels in his head where spinning even though he stayed quiet.

I took a shaky breath as I closed my eyes.

"So you're saying that this is my fault?"

"That I got embarrassed like this, yes!"

"Would it kill for you to be more observant?" He argued strongly.

"Like I'm gonna always check the back of my shorts to see if there's a random red mark there!"

"At least if you'd done that you wouldn't be in the predicament you are right now."

"I so would, thanks to your crazy fangirls!"

He scoffed.

My patience ran out.

"Can you please at least shout a little so I may render some false hope that you're nice enough to pretend to care about my pain? Michin saekki."

A line of emotion I had never seen before fleeted in his stare. "What did you just call me?"

"A crazy bastard. I thought someone like you've gotten it on the first go."

He pushed himself off the wall and took a step closer to me. "You're unbelievably frustrating do you know that? In the past months that I've known you I think my IQ had dropped to a point that I'm utterly ashamed to announce. Mwo? You blame me? You should be thanking me! Who was the one that gave you his jacket and covered you up when the others were about to take pictures? You should be kissing my feet that there won't be any reminders of such a day!"

"Wah~" I said completely gobsmacked. "So this is who you really are huh?" I questioned taking in his face that had taken on a livid shade of red.

"Don't act so surprised. It disgusts me." He spat.

I folded my arms across my chest, somehow feeling very entertained as I watched him loosen his tie, losing his cool for the first time. "I'm not actually, always knew you were a snake in disguise-"

"-why thank you, because your opinions matter so much to me-"

"-hey! Let's not be petty here. I'm just saying I already knew what the real you was like but I'm more curious about something else."

"Mwo? Mwo? Mwo? Mwo? What is it?" He sounded agitated.

He ran a hand through his freshly styled hair, transforming it into a tangled mess. I smiled brightly while he looked at me with impatient eyes.

"How does it feel to finally be you, Taehyung-ssi?"

When he didn't reply, I couldn't stop more words spilling out of me, and I didn't want to hold back anymore. All these things that I had kept to myself, that had been eating at me for what seemed like forever, they were all coming out.

"To not worry about what people may think of you. Whether they like you or not. How you're able to share your opinions and not just agree for the sake of the other. Let's not forget how you can finally express your emotions; get annoyed or downright pissed."

Now it was my turn to be silent.

I could hear how ragged his breathing became, his wide eyes piercing me as he stood there, digesting my words and thinking about what I had just said.

Every second that passed, the tight feeling in my chest intensified, until I felt like someone was squeezing my heart in an icy grip, the fear of his reaction freezing me from the inside.

"You really don't know?"

His voice startled me. I had almost expected that he wouldn't even answer me, judging from his silence from before and just the way that he was as a human.

I shook my head no.

"Liberating." He breathed out like the word held a certain weight he had been holding up his whole life.

Then he disappeared through the broad doors, his heart surely not as silent as his steps were.