Chapter Twenty-Six

26. Where We Are

The Next Morning

Levi

I woke up the next morning next to August. I checked the time and slipped out of bed going into the kitchen. I looked in the fridge to see if there was any food, so I can cook. I rolled my eyes when there was nothing to eat, I grabbed the phone and I ordered room service.

Minutes later, room service came leaving a delicious spread of food. I went to take a shower, washing off last night and getting dressed. Afterwards, I went to go eat some of the breakfast that was delivered. By then, August was awake and smiled at me when he saw that I hadn't left yet. We sat together eating breakfast in silence but we both knew what the other was thinking.

"I don't want to ruin the moment, but I have to ask." I said.

"Ask me what?" August said.

"Are you still leaving?" I asked.

"Yea." August said.

I stopped eating and just looked at him confused.

"I'm actually leaving tonight." August admitted.

"Tonight? Are you serious?" I asked. "Were you going to tell me or would just lead me thinking that's it's ok."

"No. I was going ask you to come with me." August said.

I looked at him again confused. "To East La?"

August nodded. "Yea."

I was silent for a couple of seconds because all of the thoughts that I had from East La came rushing back. I swore to myself that I would never go back there because of all the painful memories. Before I knew it, tears streamed out of my eyes.

"You know what, have fun in LA." I said getting up and left the hotel room.

August

I would've thought that maybe Levi would've liked to come go back home after being away. But I guess she still has opened wounds that needed to be closed. After what happened last night between us, it didn't change my mind about going back home. Most of my family is there and I miss them.

I just hope that Levi comes around.

Hours Later

Levi

Kia and I were chilling at her house since I haven't seen her since the incident with Vic. I filled her in on what was going on since she is the only other person in my life who I can trust. Plus, I know she's been dying to hear some gossip since she's been in the hospital for the past week.

"So let me get this straight, you have two guys pining after you." Kia summarized.

I nodded. "Pretty much."

"Girl if I were you, I would be using this to my advantage." Kia said.

"Well unlike you, I have a conscious." I commented.

"Who says I didn't? I'm just saying that if August and this other guy really love you then make them prove it." Kia said.

"It's not that simple. Mason only loves me because he slept with me. August loves me because he's leaving. I just don't know what to do." I explained.

"Well who do you want to be with?" Kia asked.

I couldn't exactly say the answer although I knew deep in my heart who it was. On one side, I love Mason only because he was there for me when August hurt me. He was the person who I knew would always be there for me whenever I needed him. But after him telling me that he loved me, it came as quite a shock to me.

On the other side, I've hated August since we were kids but I came to love him. But when he lied to me as to him I was just a bet to him was hurtful. I thought I meant more to him, but I was wrong. But after last night, things changed for me and I love him more than anything. But he sleeps with me and suddenly still wants to go back to La, even after everything that happened.

I'm so conflicted.

WHAT

DO

I

DO?

I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was almost 4. I said goodbye to Kia and headed straight for the train. Knowing August he would've probably booked a late flight, so if I wanted to see him before he leaves then maybe I could change his mind.

***

I ran upstairs forgetting the elevator that the hotel had. I was out of breath when I approached the door. I knocked on the door but there was no answer, so I knocked on the door again. But there was no answer, so I turned the doorknob to see if the door was opened. It was. I opened the door to the hotel room and saw that it was empty.

"God damnnit!" I shouted.

I missed him.

I sat on the bed feeling extreme sadness rain over me. I looked next to me and saw an envelope with my name on it. I looked at it confused and opened it. It was a letter from August. I read it to myself.

Levi,
If you're reading this that means that I'm about to get on a plane to go home.
If you're reading this it means that you're not coming with me.
I want you to know that I love you so much and maybe one day we'll meet again. But for now, you'll just have to move on with your life without me.
Love always,
Auggie

I couldn't believe this! He was gone.

Gone forever.

*SORRY GUYS THIS IS THE END OF FUCK YOU. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED IT AND NO THERE WONT BE A SEQUEL. IF YOU LIKED IT, READ IT AGAIN AND IF YOU DIDN'T WELL READ SOME OF MY OTHER STORIES. I LOVE YOU GUYS AS MY FOLLOWERS AND PEOPLE WHO ENJOY MY WRITINGS. BECAUSE I WOULDN'T STILL BE WRITING IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU AND YOUR SUPPORT.*