Prologue (Edited)

Running. That's what I was doing. From what you ask me. From wolves. They've been chasing me for a while now.

     The sound of the wolves howls and the sight of two of them came into view. As one tried to jump onto me, I swerved and then climbed onto a tree. All the wolves surrounded the tree, growling and jumping up trying to get to me. One of the wolves jumped up high enough to the branch that I'm on. I hissed an clawed at him, hitting his snout. The wolf whimpered from the claw mark I left him and growled at me.

     Then they all went quiet and looked behind them. I followed their gaze. That's when I seen him. The alpha of the pack in his intimidating wolf form. He growled at the other wolves, and they all left. The alpha shifted to his human form. and that's when I heard the one word come from him.

     "MATE!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Iris Lace is the last of her kind. She's been on the move for a while now. Then she meets him. Her mate. Lucius Lyons.

     Lucius Lyons is the alpha of the Filtrian Pack. He's one of the most intimidating and scariest alphas in all of history. Piss him off and he won't show you any mercy.

     But what will happen when Iris crosses onto Lucius's path? How would Lucius feel about being mated to a feline shifter? Iris?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(241 words)