Rain's POV chapter 3

"20... 19... 18" The voice continued counting down as I slightly panicked. "Relax Rain, everything will be okay." Diane said calmly though I knew she was panicking as well, she just didn't show it. Wolfy continued playing on her tablet: a game I didn't recognize. I decided to pick up the metallic device in my hands. The tablet was black and small making it easier to put in my bag. I turned it on and slid the screen to unlock it hearing the 'click' when it unlocked. The tab Journal Entry #1 popped up, and I saw the rules placed and read them aloud for the others. "Each member reports data onto these devices. The government placed a public and a private to each device to either allow or deny us the access to your files. 'Private' denies. That is where your secrets are kept until you die, that's when we access your personal documents." I set it down and saw Wolfy look over at me. "What the? Journal entries? What is this a 'space diary'?" Wolfy asked and I shrugged. Diane looked into hers and I decided to type up my journal entry and set it to private.

-Journal Entry (private)-Me-

Um... Hello. My name is Samantha, but I go by Rain. My friends are Wolfy and Diane. Honestly, I'm glad that they're in the same room with me because I trust them so much. Everything happened way too fast and this all feels like a fabricated dream. The longer I use the entries, they might get more personal, but I need to trust it first. Guess that's all for now. –Rain

----------------SUBMITS JOURNAL ENTRY----------------

"5... 4... 3..." I grew more and more anxious as I crawled under the bed trying to calm down and possibly fall asleep. "2... 1... lift off."

----------

Quick little note: This is rainymaine's fantastic bit of work so please go check out her other mesmerizing stories!!! -SeafarerAD