Chapter Thirty-Two - Let go

I snuck out of my room while Marcel was asleep by my door. It made me sad to see him on the ground like that… but I couldn’t wake him. I had to see Edward. I couldn’t leave without giving him a heads up.

I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

“I’m coming, one second!”

Edward walked out and led us to the side of the house.

“Mary, listen to me… Marcel really loves you…”
“Are you trying to convince me to get back together with him?”
“No… I’m just –.”
“You’re the one who told me I don’t deserve him… that I deserve someone better”
“I was wrong Mary.”
“What do you mean you were wrong? He cheated on me!”
“I know but… Mary, he hurt you… I know that, but he’s hurting way more… knowing what he’s done to such an amazing girl.”

I stood there, disgusted in his answer. He was confusing me. First he wanted me to get over Marcel and now he wants me back with him? I didn’t understand at all yet only one question lingered on my mind...

“Eddie… Eddie do you love me” I asked softly “Do you?”
“Of course – I”
“Not as a friend… Do you love me?”

He rubbed his neck and leaned against the wall. He hesitated... and in his hesitation I found the answer to my question. I wrapped my arms around his body and kissed him gently.

“Mary, I love you so much.” He said grabbing me by the waist and pulling me in closely

He looked into my eyes then kissed me… and within seconds we were wrapped in each-other’s arms. Edward then grabbed my hand and took me inside and once we were in his bedroom he kissed me over and over again. And just as Edward was about to unbuckle his belt… Marcel pushed the door open, threw Edward on the ground and punched him after that.

“What are you doing?!” screamed Marcel “You told me to get her back! You told me to fight for her! How dare you?!”
“Marcel please! Calm down!” I screamed

Edward got up slowly, rubbing his face and looking straight into my eyes while doing it. I’ve never felt worse about something in my entire life

“You know she’s leaving right?! She’s leaving all of us so there’s no point in trying anymore!”

Edward gave me a confused look.

“Wait, what?! You’re leaving?” He shouted
“I’m sorry… I just can’t stay…”
“What the hell, Mary!”
“I’m sorry” I squeaked
“You can’t just do that? You can’t do that to me! Not after what I’ve just told you! Is that all you came here for, to get me to confess my love for you then walk away?!”
“Edward, no… it isn’t like that…”
“No I bet that’s exactly what you wanted to do!”
“Edward I love you! I’m in love with you! I don’t want to hurt you anymore than I already have”
“Mary, listen to me! I need you here!”
“What the hell are you saying Edward?! My God! You told me to get her back?! Do you not remember!? Then you just confess your love? Mary, just a few days ago you told me how you still loved me!”

I stood there in my own confusion. I was heartbroken and embarrassed, but I wasn’t going to cry. I had to keep my cool. Crying would only be more embarrassing.

“Marcel… I do love you. I always have and always will. But I can’t be with you!”
“So you were just going to settle for me weren’t you? Of course, you’re just like everyone else. If you’re not in love with Harry then you’re in love with Marcel… but it’s never me is it” laughed Edward
“Edward no! See this is why I have to leave! I’m sick of the conflict and I just want it to be over!”
“Yeah so do I." He added coldly while walking out the door

“Edward wait!”
“Leave him Mary… please… we need to talk.”

I gave him a puzzled look. I wanted to go after Edward but I didn’t want to complicate things for him. I didn’t want to fight anymore. I just wanted to pack up my things and leave…

“Mary. I love you so much… don’t leave me”
“I can’t stay! I love you Marcel but I also love Edward and it’s the most confusing thing I’ve ever experienced… I’m so sorry for putting you all through this”
“Mary I promise, if you stay here… with me. I’ll be good to you. I’ll cherish you forever and ever. We can leave and find a place to live far away from this place. Please don’t leave me” he cried
“Marcel don’t you understand?! I can’t do this anymore!”

Marcel got on his knees and held my legs tightly begging me to stay. My heart ached. I was crushed and I had no way out of the situation… I wish I would’ve just forgiven Marcel… and not have fallen in love with the arrogant mess who first greeted me at my door… but I did. I’ve fallen in love with the different qualities they have. I love them both but what can I do?

“I’ve got to go Marcel…” I said while pulling his hands off my legs
“Stay.”

 I looked over at him once more before I opened the door and went home to pack

A/N: If you want me to update by next Saturday. Comment.