Chapter 2

I feel my hands numb. At this point i can't feel the ground I'm standing on anymore. Maybe it's the heels or maybe it's the fact that I've just been given the job I've dreamed of.

"Yes or no?" the interviewer snaps me out of my thoughts. I want to scream my lungs out and tell him how grateful i am to him.

"Yes!!" i almost scream, waking up the people who were half asleep in the room.

"Great then, I'll see you at work starting tomorrow at 9." he says. "And I would like you to bring your ppt along with you tomorrow." he adds and smiles at me.

I thank everyone in the room repeatedly and then make my way out. I am so happy that I can start jumping here right now. The next moment, the adrenaline hormones released take over me and I'm jumping and screaming. 

Everybody in the waiting hall give me the 'Has she gone crazy?' look. But i decide to ignore them, and get my act together and go for the exit. 

I see the receptionist and she smiles at me. She seems like a sweet lady. As i walk past the reception she says a little loudly "Congrats!". I am surprise and yet extremely happy. I look at her and say "Thank you so much. I'll be seeing you around." She smiles at me and nods.

I go to the parking lot and get into my car. My car looks old and almost like trash in front of the other cars parked. But this is my first car and I don't want to think of it like trash. As soon as i start my car, i hear a rumbling sound. Of course it's my stomach. I completely forgot about food. And now i feel really hungry. I pull my car to the road, and decide to on the radio to distract myself from hunger till I reach a convenient store. And to my surprise, I'm blessed with GD's voice singing Haru haru. 

'Wow! Today is honestly the best day ever!' i say to myself. I can't wait to talk about this with Arjun. He's going to be so surprised. I just can't wait.

I find a convenient store and park my car in the parking area. I grab a cup noodle and some kimchi too. I've unconsciously fallen in love with kimchi. I decide to take another cup noodle for Arjun cause i know he too wouldn't have eaten all day long.  At first I thought to have the noodles there itself, but then i could always use some company. So i buy the 2 packets of cup noodles and kimchi and go to my car. 

After 10 mins of drive i reach to my apartment. On the up on my floor in the elevator, i think about the job. The job is my dream job. And the best part about it is that it's just 20 mins away from my apartment. Couldn't get any better. 

As soon as i reach my floor i run towards Arjun's room with utmost excitement. I knock at his door frantically, expecting him to open the door the next moment, but he didn't. 'Is something wrong? Why isn't he opening the door?' i say to myself. And without wasting further time, I search my bag for the spare of his room. I always carry a spare key of his room, It's a habit.

I open the door in panic. As i open the door, my eyes look down to Arjun lying on the floor. I want to assume that he's asleep and was too tired to listen to me knocking the door. But i can't help but worry if he's really okay. I need to confirm it. 

I step in and rush towards him. "Arjun get up. Are you okay? Arjun!"

His eyes open. They are so red. How long has he been working anway?

"I was just sleeping. You worry so much" he begins to laugh. "Stop laughing!" I demand.

"Gosh babe" he gets up. "Don't 'babe' me" I say. I honestly hate it when someone calls me babe, it just gives me the chills.

"How was....." he begins and then suddenly starts coughing. The next thing i had to see was him coughing blood. What the hell!?

"ARJUN!!" I scream on top of my voice. " I knew something was wrong! You didn't take your medicines did you?" I shout. I rush towards him and the anger inside me is so deep that i want to slap him, but i need to take him to the hospital first.

"Come now!" i hold him by placing his hands on top of my back and my arm around his back. His body is hot like an oven. Was he having a fever this morning, and that's why he came to me? Oh god. I'm a pathetic friend.

We reach the parking lot and i make him sit in the passenger seat. He just wouldn't stop coughing!

Luckily the hospital is only 5 mins drive away. I park the car and get out  as soon as i can. The tissue he used to cover his mouth while coughing is loaded with blood. And that sight scares me. I'm so terrified right now. I feel my face burning. I try to hold back my building tears.

I rush to the hospital holding him and i demand the receptionist to call for Mr. Nam Joohyuk. She calls him and he reaches there in 5 mins, but to me they felt like hours. 

"So wild" he says. I honestly want to punch him in the face, but after he is treated. "Just shut up okay! I'm not talking to you. So shut up." i say the most angrily i can.

The doctor takes him inside the emergency room and lies him on the bed. I look at Arjun with a powerful gaze and say "I hate you!" He just laughs it off. Wow. He can't get more annoying.

The doctor puts a needle in him and gives him, what i assume to be, iv drops. 

What? Was he dehydrated? 

The doctor looks at me, and I somehow understood that he wants to talk to me alone. I am scared to what he is going to say to me. But his handsomeness somehow eases me. Honestly he's the hottest doctor in this hospital....so boyfriend material. Ah.

I shake my thoughts off and follow him. 

"It's not much to worry about." he says. His English is a little sloppy but it's fine. I'm glad he understood I don't speak korean. I should learn korean soon.

"Oh that's a relief" I say and a big sigh escapes my mouth.

"But you need to make him take his medicines on time." he says in his sloppy yet cute English. 

I choose to give him a reply in korean. "Dae..I will" i say and bow to him. He smiles at me. So boyfriend material  my inner self screams. But I shush her.

"Ah doctor! When can he leave the hospital?" i ask Doctor Nam Joohyuk.

"It will be good if he stays the night here. He has lost quite an amount of blood." he says and pats my shoulders as though he's comforting me, and leaves.

'Hmm i need to stay with Arjun' i say to myself. But then realization hits me. 'Oh god i need to go to work tomorrow at 9. I don't wanna be late on the first day. But i can't leave Arjun here alone either!' 

I decide that I'll leave the hospital in morning at 5 along with Arjun, cause he has to stay here only for the night. I go to his bed and sit next to him on the stool.

He looks so worn out and just the Arjun i hate seeing. " Gosh you make me worry so much." i say and comb his hair with my hands. His hair is so soft, even better than mine.

I set my alarm for 4:30 and without knowing, i fall asleep with Arjun's hand in mine.