Chapter 1: Crossing the Pond

A/N: Thanks for your continued interest in my crazy stories! Here is a little two chapter one shot I hope you will enjoy! I promise, this one 'brings sexy back' in Chapter 2. Thanks to my ladies who preview and advise - and to my plot bunny buddy!

Jamie POV

"When are you going home?" I ask Amelia as we descend in the elevator. She looks at me with questioning eyes as we walk out of the hotel to get in the waiting car.

"What do you mean? When did you book our flights for?" She gives me that snarky smile that says she thinks I'm a stupid idiot.

I get in after her and slam my door. "I booked my flight, but I didn't book yours. Your purpose in being here was to get exposure and land some interviews. How was I to know when you'd be done?" Turning to look out the window, I mentally count backward from 50, willing the tension inside of me to relax.

"Oh come now, James. Don't be so petulant. My purpose in being here was to play the supportive wife and protect your precious image." She picks at something on her gown and mutters under her breath, "And you are your own worst enemy. Treating me like shit last night doesn't help and only makes us have to be seen more. You need to put your acting skills to better use and make a better show of it. If you can't act like the loving husband tonight, and try to keep it in your pants around Dakota, God only knows what we'll have to do next."

The time bomb ticking inside of me gets louder. I swing to her with a harsh, "Leave her out of it. This situation is not of her doing. You know that better than anyone, so let's not pretend, shall we?"

She huffs and turns to the window. "When are you leaving?"

"I'm out of here tomorrow. I have to be seen leaving LA as soon as possible to reduce speculation that I'm spending time with Dakota."

Laughing without humor she snarls, "Then I guess it's good that they don't know you snuck in two days before you needed to in order to spend time with your pet." She folds her hands in her lap and says, "Fine, I'll just leave tomorrow with you. I don't have anything else booked and you know I hate this godforsaken town."

Big fat surprise there. "Yes, Amelia, the world knows you hate it."

I decide to take a stand, a small one, but one of the few I'm at liberty to do. I have been toying with an idea in my head for a few days and decide to take the leap. Taking out my phone, I text Olivia, Dakota's PA and a great friend to both of us. "Do it." That's all I say knowing she'll understand what I mean.

I get an almost immediate reply. "I'll take care of it. Our secret. When it's all set I'll send you what you need."

Turning back to Amelia, I say without rancor "You are welcome to go home tomorrow, but it won't be with me. I have to be seen leaving, but I don't have to be seen leaving with you - and I choose to NOT be seen leaving with you." I turn back to the window. "Make your own arrangements."

She looks stunned. "You can NOT be serious, James. What utter tripe is this?" She starts reaching in her bag and I know what she's looking for. Luckily, I already found it and flushed it. I can't have her looking like a coke queen tonight. She whirls to me with angry eyes, but knows better than to say anything. "If you need to be seen leaving, all the better to be seen leaving with me. You have to connect through London anyway. It will cause even more speculation if we fly separately to the same destination."

My turn to give a snide smile, "Who says I have to connect through London?"

Her eyes slit, but for once she holds her tongue. I smile politely, "I'll do my part tonight, Amelia. You do yours and we'll get this PR train back on the tracks. This was a 'profitable' trip for you, don't blow it now. You're about to get everything you want."