Chapter Sixteen - Eavesdropping

"And then, it just happened!" I laugh.

"Oh my gosh, Amber! You're so hilarious!" I laugh again. "You seem very quiet though."

There was a moment of silence.

"Hehe," She gushes. "Um, I've got to go, my mom's calling me for dinner so bye. See ya!"

"Bye! See you tomorrow," I hang up.

The next day, I smile as I see Amber.

"Hey!" I grin.

"Hi," she smiles.

Soon, Jake and Mia join us too.

"What's up-" I get cut off by a high pitched voice.

"Amber," Avery looks at me. "Oh, Dani! So now you're friends with Amber? Piece of advice, watch your back. She might strike your back anytime."

"Ave-" Amber starts but I cut her off.

"Leave us alone, Avery! You don't know anything!" I snap.

"And you do? Hah!" She sneers. "If you didn't know, Amber was once my best friend, until that happened!" She glares at Jake and Amber before walking away.

"Okay now, what was that?" Mia questions.

"Who knows?" Jake shrugs, a bit too nervously.

"Um, I got to go," Amber mumbles. "See y'all!"

"Jake-"

"I got to go too! See ya!" Jake rushes.

"What the hell???" Mia frowns.

"Something is definitely up with those three," I frown too.

"Yeah we'll figure it out later. Now, let's get to our classes. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah."

On my way to my next class, I bump into someone.

"Oops! Sorry!" I apologize.

Ray just spares me a cold single second glance before turning and walking away.

I sigh. This time, I'm gonna take a long, hard time to get him to start talking to me again.

"Today, I'm assigning you all some projects to do with a partner, which I will be choosing," I groan along with the rest of the class as Mr. Kris announces.

"So, Amy Mitchel and Kevin Bay

Mark Anoty and Dinah Herst

Jane Spear and Brad Lister

Danina Williams and Jason Reed"

That's all I listen to Mr. Kris. Jason Reed... I don't know him but I think he is a part of the popular table. I just hope he's not like most of them.

Mr. Kris explains to us what this project is about.

"Now, sit with your partners and get to know each other. Your projects are due next Friday. There's plenty of time so I expect something good and productive."

As people started switching their seats, I turn around continuously, searching for this "Jason Reed".

"Who the hell is Jason Reed?" I mutter after I fail finding him.

"Over here," I hear a deep voice, making me turn to the owner of it, who was casually leaning against the wall in the back seat, with his arms crossed and eyes on me. He was really good looking with dark brown hair and a pale complexion and eyes that looked grey and blue in colour at the same time.