CREATING A TIMETABLE

Anything with ** next to it, I consider it important!

When you want to start revising, the first thing I recommend is to create yourself a timetable.

Spreading things out is going to make you feel more organised, and in my case more motivated too.

This is going to make your revision so much simpler than just picking out random topics to do!

HOW DO I CREATE A TIMETABLE?
To make this easier, I'm going to create a table along side you.

Personally, I like drawing mine so I don't have to go through the hassle of printing my timetable, plus when you draw one, you can customise it more! But that's just my preference

Get a piece of paper, lined, plain, A3 or A4, whatever works best for you!

I recommend diving your table equally, this makes it more satisfying on the eye!

When drawing out my table I ignore the very top of the paper where you would write the title.

The paper you see below had 33 lines. I made one section 5 lines long, was going to be where I would write the time.

I then had 28 lines left. I divided this by 7 for each day of the week and then I was left with 4 lines per section.

That's the basics down!

Now, we need to start dividing the table even further.

Here's some questions to ask yourself:
What days can you revise?
How long do you want to revise for?
What days are you busy?
When do you usually make plans?

**YOU NEED SLEEP. DO NOT OVER WORK.

**Take these into consideration, there's no point in making a timetable where you are revising on a Tuesday from 3.30 - 1am when you're busy with friends or other clubs and easily distracted.

I recommend dividing it by half an hour. I find that if I revise for too long I'm going to end up getting too distracted and disinterested.

**Even though my table is 10-6, this does not mean I have to work everyday from 10-6! This is just a rough time slot I'm available

Now figure out what subjects you do and what subjects you want to prioritise.

GCSE
do you want to do really well in a certain subject?
And which subjects do you struggle with? Which suggests are you confident with?

A LEVEL
which subject has more context?
which one do you particularly need to well in?
which one do you need to get into uni?
which one do you want to study at uni?

**First thing is to look at your timetable and writing your extra activities, or anytime you won't be home to revise. This allows you to work your revision around your life, this prevents revision taking over!!!!

**However, considering this I wouldn't mark on when you're at school. I would leave these blank. This means when it's half term you can add in other revision slots and rub them back out when you go back to school.

**This probably looks extremely empty, but I'm being realistic

**This probably looks extremely empty, but I'm being realistic. I get easily distracted and it wouldn't work if I tried to do loads and load of revision.

Also take into consider after school revision sessions, that counts as your revision too!

**Also take into consideration study periods . Think about it, if you want to do 3 hours of extra studying a day, you could do these in school and relax at home! ( A Level! )

Saturday is my usual day for plans, so therefore I have left it blank, however if I wasn't busy I would pick something out I'm struggling with. You know what you need to prioritise, for me it would be history, so I would pick out history.

**You may want to colour code and make it look prettier, i have never been good at making things look neat, this was just an explanation of things to consider!!!!

I hope this has helped. You can customise the table however you like, e.g, colour, drawings etc. But you don't need talking through them!

If you have any questions about ANYTHING SURROUNDING REVISION, SUBJECT CHOICES OR SCHOOL ADVICE ETC don't be scared to message me, I'm a student too with the same struggles as everyone else!