Chapter 47.

ANAS POV

"Bath time" I say to Phoebe, tickling her stomach. She giggles in return. My little angel. I place her in the bath next to Teddy who is playing gently with his toys, careful not to splash her.

"Do you need any help?" Christian says coming in.

"No thank you" I say with a smile. He nods and goes to walk away but then returns and perches next to the bath talking to Theodore.
He's being very family oriented recently. Which is a good thing of course.

"How come you've not been working a lot recently?" I say curiously.

"Erm, with New York and Christmas being near. I don't know I suppose the office is the last place I want to be" he says shrugging his shoulders. They still have a great deal of time before it's time for them.

"Oh"

"And of course I miss you all" he says smiling. He is lovely.

"We miss you too, but it's back to work tomorrow" I say reminding him.

"That it is" he says smirking. Either he is happy to be back in work or is creating a plan.

"I have a breakfast meeting" He tells me and I nod. Nothing new.

"I'll be a moment." Christian says walking back out. He's still holding the children pyjamas. He best hurry.

"Are you ready to get out darling?" I say to both of them and then wrapping them up tightly in the towels.

"Lets see where daddy has got to with your clothes" I say with enthusiasm making Phoebe smile brightly. She's gorgeous.

Christian doesn't appear for a long while of course. So I find myself at his study.

"Thank you. But why now are contacting me? After all of this time? You think you can have a part in our lives" he says with when I can gather is anger and irritation in his voice.
God no. Please do not be Elena.

After quickly knocking I walk straight in. He looks up at me and then back down at his desk. Fuck.

"I am going. Good bye." He says shutting the phone off and sagging to his chair.

"Old news?" I mutter with bitterness and anger.

"Extremely old news." He says bluntly putting his head in his hands. Why is this eating him up so much?

"What did she want?" I say tapping the table with my fingers in a rhythmic tune. I know this will annoy him but right now I want answers.

"Nothing particular. Discuss the children and work. I don't know."
I scoff at his reply. The cheek.

"Really" i say coldly. Her name will never not make my blood boil.

"Ana I am as shocked as you are." He says shrugging. Okay. Perhaps I should go easier on him.

"Come here" he says holding his arms out. I make my way over to him and sit in his lap.

CHRISTIANS POV

"I'll be a moment" I say to Anastasia, taking the call I am receiving.

I make my way to my study and sit down as I accept it.

"Grey" I answer in my usual manner. But I don't get the usual response. A CEO of a company I'm involved in. I get one that sends shivers down spine. One that I would wish upon my worst enemy. My stomach drops and all air leaves my lungs.

"Christian my dear" Elena Lincoln says through the phone.

"Excuse me?" Is all I can manage.

"Sorry if I startled you."

"Startled me? For fuck sake Elena what do you want?!" I pretty much bark. What could she possibly have to say? We've been done for years. I cannot have this added stress. What angers me is how casual she acts towards me. As though I am a friend. She's not even an old friend to me anymore. She's a ghost. That sends shivers up my spine.

"I wanted to ensure that you were doing okay" she says and she has sincerity in her voice which is frightening.

"I'm perfect"

"The children, Christian they are stunning" she says and I don't reply. Of course I know that.
"And I want to apologise. Tonight I thought I'd do just that."
Fuck this. Why am I listening to this shit?!

"Look Elena. We are done. It's been a long time since you last spoke to me and I want it to stay that way. I'm the happiest I have ever been. I want no negativity in my life."

"I know you are. Again the children and gorgeous. You are an amazing father. I hope Ana is well"
Where the fuck is Elena Lincoln? Shut her down Grey."

"Thank you. But why now are contacting me? After all of this time? You think you can have a part in our lives?" I say down the phone and I hear her sharp intake of breath.

"I'm sorry Christian." She says and I huff then see my door open. Oh fuck. Ana.
I'd have told her anyway.

"I am going. Good bye" I say and slam the phone down. What the fuck was her motive? Thank god my angel is with me.

ANAS POV

"Is that the first time you've spoken?" I say, hoping he'll say yes.

"Yes of course, I've told her. I don't understands why it's come back up baby and I'm sorry" he says with soft eyes.

"It's not your fault" I say shrugging my shoulders. Although I do wish she'd fuck off. I thought we'd got rid of her. Perhaps not. She lingers. I've learnt to remember that.

"How's she saw the children?" I say in a sudden rush of bewilderment.

"The press Ana" he says laughing. Oh shit of course.

"Speaking of which their pyjamas are there" I say quickly.

"Yes I know! I got them others" I say softly.