To Be Defeated

The fight was not going in the paladins' favor. The Galra Empire had successfully managed to get the lions separated from each other and didn't give the group a chance to form Voltron. Princess Allura was using the castle's defenses to try to create a path for the lions to return to the castle to wormhole away. The red lion was completely blocked off from the castle, being on the surface of the planet after taking a heavy beating from the cannon. Keith had been thrown out of the lion before the Galra scout ships came to capture the red lion. Shiro radioed Keith but there was no response.
"Come on Keith, answer your com!" Shiro almost yelled. "Red is down. I'm going in to get her!" Shiro told the others. Pidge and Hunk moved to cause a distraction to buy Shiro time. The black paladin dived down and picked up the red lion, flying to the castle.
"Guys, I have red and Keith. Everyone back to the castle! Princess, open up a wormhole once we are in!" Shiro ordered. The Galra continued their attacks against the lions and the castle until it disappeared into the wormhole. Prince Lotor watched as the wormhole closed.
"Scan the surface for any signs of altean technology." He ordered as he walked to the bay.
"Yes, my lord. Your craft is prepared for departure." An officer called. Lotor nodded as he boarded his ship along with the fleet commander. "Inform my father of the paladins disappearance and the search upon the surface of VT-23." Lotor commanded. Lieutenant Thrace nodded and departed to inform Zarkon of the battle.