Allison's POV

(A/N: Okay guys, this is my very first story ever :) I hope you enjoy and please comment! I'm not sure if I should write this in First Person or Third so tell me which ones you preffer :) Disclaimer: I do not own the people I have used for the cover.)

My eyes scanned the canvas yet again... I wanted everything perfect. It wasn't that early in the morning so I could easily hear little kids running around downstairs. I sighed and added the finishing touches to the black and white closeup of a face I was doing, red paint dribbling down it's white nose. Blood. I love blood. I don't know why, but I just do. I find nosebleeds pretty and blood fascinating. It's so red... so vibrant, I twitched my own nose hopefully but no blood poured out. I sighed and got up, looking down at myself. The big white T-shirt I had on had now red stripes of paint all over it and my jeans had black splashes. My blonde hair, thankfully, was in a messy bun so it hadn't gotten dirty. I walked over to the dressing room mirror and looked at myself, my big eyes on my face were so clear... I can't decide if they're pretty or not, they're bright blue. I sigh again and put on my shoes before opening the door and seeing David... a careworker.

Didn't I say? I live in a care home. My parents died in a freak car accident last year.

He looked at my T-shirt oddly and I just murmured "Paint." I wasn't really the talkative type unless I really liked someone. The only person I kind of got along with well was Bonnie, but she didn't really give you a chance to talk since she talked and talked. She's a kind of, well, of an airhead. She runs free and she'll pop out with random thoughts. I like observing her, the way her eyebrows furrow together when she doesn't understand or is thinking and then her forehead clears up and she giggles randomly. It's quite fascinating, and her hair is red. She calls it red-velvet cupcake red, I call it blood-red.

I walk down the stairs and into the crowded kitchen, Tina is serving pancakes and apple juice so I sit down next to Bonnie's brother. Brandon. They were both very, well, pretty. They both had chocolate brown eyes and golden skin. I sighed and murmured "Paint." again before sipping at my apple juice and mentally counting the spare change I had since I was out of black paint.