Chapter 14

Louis's P.O.V.

It is almost the end of the day, so I go to find Sophie. I need to make it short and quick. I care for her as a friend and I don't want to watch her be in pain. I find her walking down the hall she looks upset already. This going to be harder then I thought. I walk over to her and she looks upset to see me.

"I need to talk to you." We both say in unison.

"You first." I blurt out. I want to hear what she has to say.

"Okay, this is really hard for me to say..." Is she going to break up with me? That would be so easy. Too easy.

"Do you remember when we did... it?" She's obviously embarrassed. I remember when we did "it". I nod. It was my first time, so I definitely remember it.

"Well, apparently... the condom broke." What?

"What are you saying?"

"I'm pregnant." She begins to sob.

Emma's P.O.V.

Niall drops me off at home. I wave goodbye and he does the same. I feel bad that I'm going to dump him. But, I want to be with Louis. I walk into my house and go into my room. I begin my homework and my mind drifts to Louis. Did he break up her? He promised me he would. I jump when my bedroom door opens and Louis is there.

"Louis!" I go to hug him. I wrap my arms around him tight. He doesn't hug me back.

"What's wrong? We will be able to be together soon!"

"No, we can't."

"Why not?"

"I didn't break up with her."

"Why not?" He promised me.

"Sophie's pregnant." Louis begins to cry. What? I hug him again and he cries into my shoulder.

"What am I going to do? I'm just turned 18 and I'm going to be a dad. I'm not ready to be one. I'm so scared. I want to be with you, Emma, so bad." He sobs.

"I do too, Louis. But, if you are the father of Sophie's child... I don't want you to leave her. She needs you."

"But, I need you." He looks into my eyes. It's killing me to say these things to him.

"I need you, too. But, if I was her, I would want you to be there for me. As the father." Tears fill my eyes.I don't want to let him go. To let us go.

"Emma, I will always love you."

"I love you, too. But, you need to do what is right. There is a child who needs you." He looks me in the eyes. It pains me to see him like this.

"You're going to be a great father, Louis." He hugs me and cries at the use of the word.