A lesson X and X A Departure

I still don't know how it happened. The decisions that Ayano made were so long ago. 

What made her agree to the worst choice in her life? Why did she say, "Alright." And not think it through? Was she a fool, or was it something else?

Regardless of the theories I've come up with, it won't change the fact that it was a part of her orchestrated Fate; tragedy rides on her shoulder like a loyal companion.

It was her best worst choice. 

You can argue with me, my friends, but you will not sway me! One day I'll save her. I'll rescue her from Mistress Fate. That was my vow.

I have yet to uphold it.

~*~

"Wow, this port is bogus compared to the one in Padokea." Leorio whined. His suitcase was slung over his shoulder as he slouched his way from the terminal. The polished white tiles below reflected their forms back up at them, white-washed and blurry. Ayano quietly enjoyed the soft taps of their feet against its surface, humming under her breath while they observed the café's, waiting areas and shops the Airport had on display! Kurapika and the young female walked on either side of him. "You sure you wanna stay here, Kurapika? You could always travel on the next Airship with me!"

The blond regarded the older male with a smile. "It is quite alright, Leorio-san! This is my destination and I will not stay here for long. Thanks to Ayano-chan I have a general idea of where I need to go." The girl on Leorio's right side dipped her head in response.

"Are you certain that you can calculate those coordinates?" Ayano questioned.

Kurapika waved his hand in dismissal. "I only need to enter it into The Hunter's Index. It should be moderately simple."

The fourteen-year old nearly tripped in disbelief.

When she regained her balance, the two males were watching her with surprised expressions! "You good?" Leorio teased ruthlessly. "Do I need to tell the floor to shove off?"

"Tell Kurapika-san that!" Ayano bursted. Loose strands of hair fell in her face and she brushed them aside, exasperated. "Are you an idiot?! After what happened last night, you truly think that Zoldyck isn't going to be watching the forums for the coordinates he gave us?"

The Kurta seemed startled by her outburst while Leorio mumbled 'Zoldyck' under his breath grumpily. "Are you certain he would do something like that?" He inquired slowly. "You sounded completely different from your usual self. I believe that he would have a hard time figuring out who you are."

The Prodigy shook her head and mumbled a few undistinguished words. "And you're telling me that you don't know how to find coordinates on a topographic map?" She asked him disbelievingly. "You don't know how to find latitude and longitude manually?"

The boy's stared at her silently. Finally Leorio cleared his throat and sighed. "To be honest, nobody really does that anymore. We have The Hunter Index now! Why would we know how to do that?"

Ayano felt the side of her jaw twitch. Why? It was a key skill to learn! How could nobody know how to calculate your destination and present location on a map? For the love of Lady Muse, she would need to teach both of them if they had to get anywhere!