School

The next week (Future)
"BANG!" going shots went off.
"Mya RUN!!"
More gunshots went off and all I heard was people screaming on my birthday.
" What is going on?!"

Mya's POV(Present time)
I was walking to school on a hot sunny day in summer and I heard someone scream my name,
"Mya wait up!!"
I noticed that my best friend Lindsey was calling my name so I stopped dead in my spot. When she finally caught up she said,
"Damn girl you run fast!!"
It wasn't the first time Lindsey had said that to me she usually wakes up late, so it's kinda normal for her.
"Woke up late again I'm guessing?" I said sarcastically
"Yeah sorry about that." She said
We were on our way to school and we had 10 minutes to get there since school started at 7:45.
"Hey!! It's almost your birthday Mya!!" Lindsey said excitedly
"Yeah..yeah... I know." I said with a frown
"What's wrong?" Lindsey said
"Oh.. well every time it's my birthday things always go wrong like I'm a curse or something."
"No." Lindsey said sarcastically
"Oh really... my 5th birthday someone crashed the party and took everything from our house, my tenth birthday my goldfish died and my dog. Doesn't that sound pretty cursed to you Lindsey?"
"OK yeah it does but it doesn't mean your cursed."
"Yeah... ok"
We finally arrived at school and we went to our classes. My first class was language arts with Mrs. Brown. She is an extraordinary teacher. She isn't too tall but is very brave and has brown hair and loves to write. (Makes sense she's a language arts teacher) She is also very pretty. Everyone says, "oh you totally look like Mrs. Brown's daughter." Yes, I do kinda look like her but not that much, I have tannish skin, brown eyes, hazelnut hair, and I love to play music. It was the end of language arts and we didn't have any homework since today was Friday so I started to head to my next class, science, until something weird happened...
Lindsey's POV
Ughhh I was in social studies class when finally Mr. Garcia finally finished the class and said we had no homework. The whole class shouted with excitement as we went down the hallway to our lockers.
"Still have 3 more classes to go to till the end of the day." I said disappointed.
I saw Mya and she was just standing there like she saw a ghost or something so I ran up to her from behind to scare her.
"BOO!"
"AHHHH!" She screamed
"Don't do that!!!" She yelled to me in my face while I was laughing hysterically while crying from laughter.
"Sorry you looked like you saw a ghost so I wanted to scare you." I said
"It's fine but I just thought I saw someone following me down the hall, he or she was wearing a black jacket and I just got weirded out." Mya said
"Oh.. well... maybe it was just something you imagined." I said
"Yeah...maybe."

End of chapter 1

Boring and short so far but I'm still trying to introduce some characters and get the story running. Keep reading!! I hope you liked the first chapter of "Shadows."