My View of Being a Asthmatic Swimmer...

You want to know what it is like for a swimmer to have asthma and be ready to start the race. It is like when you step on the swimming block with your racing uniform, care, and goggles, all you feel in your chest is a heart beating so fast that it is going to explode. In your mind, you have tons of racing through your mind all at once with tons of questions like will I win? will my caps fall off? Will my cap fall off or rips? will I beat my time or set and break records? Will my couch be proud or disappointed? and so many more questions. When I step on the block I clear my mind, put my game fast on, and tell myself that I will not have an attack, I will win and break or set a record, and I will make people proud and myself proud. I always tell myself before a race and while I take my inhalers "fuck you asthma bring it in showing me what you got you don't own me I will kick your ass I'm strong and proud of me". Being an asthmatic and a swimmer I would not change a thing because it is like I am showing other people how much of a limited-edition swimmer I am. This asthmatic swimmer has longtime goals, wants to be a professional swimmer, travel the world, and be part of the USA swim team to show what I am made of. Asthma will not stop me from doing one thing I love; I will fight for my attacks and air. Asthma gives me super lungs I am one awesome badass swimmer with my superpower. That is what it is like for me to be a swimmer with asthma.