Chapter 1

I walked in to a class with my backpack slung over my shoulder in one hand and my transfer slip in the other. Everyone had their faces glued on their books and they hadn't cared I had come in. And honestly I didn't mind that.

'' is this Mr Jan's class? '' I asked as politely and quietly as I could.

At that moment I could see that everyone in the class had fixated their eyes on me. I thought I had something on me but I heard someone in the back whisper something about a British kid and that's when I was relieved I guess.

"Yes this is Mr Jan's class, who are you and what do you want?"

You see, when I start a school I would expect the teacher to be the only nice person but you know, you can't get what you want.

"I'm Alik, from London and I've been told that I'm starting here today. "

I tried not to make eye contact but I couldn't get past the deformity of his nose and his bald spot on his head, with tufts of hair sticking upon the sides.

You vill sit next to..." Mr Jan shouted with his German accent scouring an empty seat for me.

In those three seconds I looked around at the displays, I didn't want to make eye contact with any of the students because then I would have been forced to smile at people I didn't know.

"Her" he finally finished his sentence.

I followed his calloused index finger and saw a head with dark silk hair, buried in her book. I moved slowly trying not to grab her attention and sat next to her. I couldn't help but try and see how she looked like.

She looked up at the seat next to her. Oh crap that's my seat. I quickly move my head towards my desk but I thought she caught me looking at her.

I looked back to see if she was still looking and she was. Eyes so innocent, smile so perfect, she was beautiful. I smiled back as simply as possible.

An hour had turned into ten seconds and I was left by myself to figure out my last class. Music.

I never thought I was good at music but it deemed different to everyone else I worked with.

The same introduction was repeated each time and after sometime, I could only remember the words 'Alik' and 'London'.

I don't know know if it was my luck but I was seated near the girl I saw in Mr Jan's class but I didn't want to say anything in case I made a fool of my self.

"okay class, today we have new pupil, Alik and Alik is going to play something so Alik can get used to the way things are done, okay Alik? "

I wasnt paying attention as I was trying to work out my schedule when I went home and also I was just staring into blank space.

" Alik" hushed a soothing sound, melodic to my ears.

I came out of my trance and looked to see who was calling my name. It was her. The pretty girl.
She pointed her finger towards the teacher and handed me a guitar.

"can you play?" she said with a slight worried face.

I returned the worried face and replied in the same manner.

" a bit"